Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2010, 07:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

When i ordered mine, it took 7 days to make and about 4-5 days to ship, so expect it in the 11th to 16th timeframe probably.

Old June 6, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Wait... I just noticed now but a case of that size and cost only uses 80mm exhausts and NO black interior? Come on Dell, your pushing these things out by the hundreds, atleast make the inside black....

EDIT: I know that it has been said that the inside is not seeable, so why does it matter. Well, it is the principle of it. Even Coolermaster makes there cheap cases black all the way through, why not Alienware

Really nice upgrade you got though. Kudos Dell.

Last edited by AmuseMe; June 6, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old June 7, 2010, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
When i ordered mine, it took 7 days to make and about 4-5 days to ship, so expect it in the 11th to 16th timeframe probably.
That is just stupid slow.....there should be no reason why it would take a WEEK to assemble.
Old June 7, 2010, 03:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
That is just stupid slow.....there should be no reason why it would take a WEEK to assemble.
That's not that unreasonable for a large company like dell, especially for custom orders.
Old June 7, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

For a free 980X and extra HDD I would happily wait Not to mention that it works like it was supose too!
Old June 8, 2010, 05:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm still having a problem when I turn the comp. on in the morning.It won't stop high revs.I believe it is that thermal issue I had at the outset.I press the power button,it starts and revs up but won't slow down again unless I reboot.I am going to fiddle with the Thermal software that is in this thing as I am almost positive that is what's causing the start up issues. I'll let you know.Anyone have any advice?
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old June 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

In all honesty, I wouldn't trust software for fan control. I would get a fan controller instead. Try messing with the software and see what happens.
Old June 21, 2010, 08:46 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Re-my issues with the Alienware Command Centre.I was out of town for a couple of days during which there was a power outage in my area. When I got home, I started my rig and all is well. I don't think it will last long as I believe there is problem with thier thermal software that has yet to be corrected. I am not going to call Dell support regarding this issue as they did not have any solutions the first time around.I for sure don't want them sending me another door or any part for this.For the most part,the on site Techs that show up really don't anything about Alienware systems.The last guy did not even know how to open the side panels.At any rate,it's running great right now [touch wood] and I'm sure Dell will get it right pretty soon. On a side note, I still think we should get a Club of some sort going [if it's allowed] as there seems to be more High End people registered here that are going with Alienware.I have three other high end Dells,[XPS Gen 4, XPS 720,and XPS 730x that now belongs to my wife.The Alienware is the one I am most pleased with.The best thing about Dell is,while thier Telephone support is terrible,and when they can't correct a problem you may have, they send you another one and Always upgrade it.At least they have always done that for me.Viva Alienware! Should we get a little group together? By the way, I will still trade two 5970s for two GTX 480s.Take care everybody.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5