Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

One thing I didn't know about the Area 51 is that when you order the ALX model,there is no option to select any Nvidia cards. I didn't even know you could get them at all until I talked to Technokat and saw his sig. He has two 480s and that would have been my preference but for the fact that ONLY ATI cards are available with the Area 51 ALX.Go figure.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old June 4, 2010, 10:26 AM
HaDeS

benchmarks please!!
Old June 4, 2010, 12:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

My guess is that it is an oversight on their ordering page. As a side note for anyone that cares. They have 6 months no interest on for all alienware systems right now. Too bad i didn't get in on that deal :/

Old June 4, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
My guess is that it is an oversight on their ordering page. As a side note for anyone that cares. They have 6 months no interest on for all alienware systems right now. Too bad i didn't get in on that deal :/
It is too bad. You could have used the money to upgrade a bit.However,that i7 930 you have, can overclock to what ever the hell you want anyway.Alienware are very good systems, but for sure they are not plug and play.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old June 4, 2010, 06:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
One thing I didn't know about the Area 51 is that when you order the ALX model,there is no option to select any Nvidia cards. I didn't even know you could get them at all until I talked to Technokat and saw his sig. He has two 480s and that would have been my preference but for the fact that ONLY ATI cards are available with the Area 51 ALX.Go figure.
I would rather have the cards you have now than a pair of GTX480s.
Old June 4, 2010, 07:09 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Sure enough Dell upgraded to the 980 Extreme,factory O>C to 4ghz and a 600GB Raid 0 [2x300GB] drive.

You lucky...
Old June 5, 2010, 06:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I would rather have the cards you have now than a pair of GTX480s.
Two of either of those cards are a little bit overkill I suppose.It's just that I have always had Nvidia cards,and I feel comfortable with them.I am happy with the 5970s and it's a matter of knowing how to properly set them up etc. Maybe I will have a problem with them and Dell will save the day for me yet again.
Old June 5, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty nice system you got there. The reasons why it says only 1 drive is because you have it in raid 0 which makes it faster.

Dell upgraded your system for free because of what seemed like a small problem (from what I understand). That is freaking awesome and would be telling everyone. I wouldn't mind a dell system because of their warranty but I hate the look of their cases. Would rather go with something from The Best Custom Built Computers for Gaming and Business | Falcon Northwest or other similar brands.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 6, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Pretty nice system you got there. The reasons why it says only 1 drive is because you have it in raid 0 which makes it faster.

Dell upgraded your system for free because of what seemed like a small problem (from what I understand). That is freaking awesome and would be telling everyone. I wouldn't mind a dell system because of their warranty but I hate the look of their cases. Would rather go with something from The Best Custom Built Computers for Gaming and Business | Falcon Northwest or other similar brands.
Thanks for info on Raid. As to the "problem"I was having,I don't think it was small. When I started that thing up,it revved like a jet engine and no way to stop it.The thermal controls just would not work. In spite of the high revs,certain fans were not kicking in that resulted in super hot temps.The phone techs and the on site tech could not figure it out. The new one is perfect.Yhank you Dell.
Old June 6, 2010, 03:50 PM
Rookie

Default Alienware Aurora coming soon!!

Hey congrats on the new Area 51 Silk, thats one kick ass rig bud!
So after months of saving for my new build my wife found my computer money stash and went and payed bills with it (around 1200$). I was gonna build a new phenom x6 1090 with crosshair iv scheduled to be completed by august but wifey said NO! So since ive become obsessed with all of this, we argued and she agreed that i could pay a monthly plan for a Alienware Aurora. I ordered it may31 and got the 6 month no interest deal. My specs are i7 930 stock, 2x 1tb hd in raid 0, 1 hd5970, 6gb ram, free tactX keyboard, standard mouse and dvd drive. Total was about 2500$ I hope it arrives this week, im super excited! Add another to the Alienware club boys!!