Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2010, 07:26 PM
Banned

Okay I admit....those pics are quite nice indeed!!!
Old May 9, 2010, 05:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Have you been able to peel yourself away from that baby yet, or is the new toy syndrome still in effect? hehe
Nope! Stil playing with new toys' I am having a problem with the Alienware FX and Thermal controls and Dell is 'looking into it.'That ought to be interesting. Other than that, a Great Rig. Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 9, 2010, 10:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post

These next two pics reveal what's behind the motherboard. Six 3.5" hard drive bays. Just drop 'em in. No cables to plug in. Easy as pie. The one drive you see is a 300GB 10K RPM Velociraptor.

[/B]
the hard drives are behind the motherboard? ( I really like that Idea) how are the Hard drives cooled?. and how wide is that case.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

From what i hear there is a fan that blows into the hd bay area. The Size of the case is 23.4" high, 25.8" Long, 10.9" wide

as per : YouTube - Dell Alienware Area-51 Gaming PC With Intel's 6-Core Processor - Review

Old May 9, 2010, 01:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Very clean. Nice :)
Old May 9, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I like the idea of the Hard drives and where they are stored because of the easy access but not sure if I like the way the sata and power plugins are set up in that if they get broken how to replace them.
Old May 9, 2010, 07:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i think its fairly unlikely it will break, as it is a mechanical plugin, it goes straight on. It would reduce human error. There comes a point of being too cautious. :)

Old May 9, 2010, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Alienware Alx

I agree. These things are usually built to be quite durable. On top of their warranty, I'm sure with this line being a premium brand name that issues regarding anything would tarnish it's credibility. Apparently their warranty is second to none, at least from what I've read, so why cheap out? It just doesn't make good business sense. If I could afford to own one at some point, I probably would.

That being said, it's good to question these things. It helps to improve a product through constructive criticism and suggestions.
Old May 24, 2010, 06:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Nope! Stil playing with new toys' I am having a problem with the Alienware FX and Thermal controls and Dell is 'looking into it.'That ought to be interesting. Other than that, a Great Rig. Thanks.
Woe is me.That 'problem' turned into a myriad of telephone calls and a visit from the On site tech. with a replacement door panel. I don't know what might be in the panel other than the motor to move it up and down,however Dell thought that would somehow fix the Thermo controls etc. It didn't. The tech guy called Dell saying it was a "no Fix'. Dell wanted to send yet another part but I refused.I did not spend that kind of money on a computer to have a service tech come to my house changing parts. In other posts I have commended Dell for how they back thier products and this case is no different. Dell is sending me a new one with an upgraded proc.[i7 980 X O.C at 4.0ghz] and a 600GB Raid[2x300GB] drive. The only problem is that it won't be delivered until the 3rd week June! I almost cancelled my order[I was within 30 days] but I figured,what the hell, I'll see what they send and whether or not they figured out the thermal problem.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile New System

I hope they keep this up if that is true about bumping you up to the 980 and raid hds. This shows that when someone is spending that kind of money any issues from the manufacturer's end is dealt with in such a way to keep the customer happy. If I was in that situation, that bump up would have me telling everyone, praising Alienware/Dell. Kudos to them!!!