Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 5, 2010, 07:24 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
On the inside however, how could they cheap out so much as to not paint it or sleeve the cables (or at least ATTEMPT to organize them a bit)?
Because you're not supposed to see the inside, so it doesn't matter what it looks like.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Talking Alienware Alx

Like Zero82z said, what's on the inside isn't such an issue. If I was to ask for more from them, it would be like I stated earlier. A little something on the side panel(s) would be nice. Overall, i like this thing. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise buddy, simply enjoy.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

I know they have a store on eBay, or use to where you could buy refurbished cases from them. Altough, it wasnt these new ones, but there previous generation case. It really is a nice case though
Old May 5, 2010, 07:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Yeah, I sent an email to find out if it was possible to purchase a case, or send parts I already own in a build. I didn't expect to be able to, but there's been no reply to my query. I think a light up Alien head on the side panel would be kickass, but one can't have everything. Still think it's a sweet rig. Enjoy that beast, I'm somewhat envious.
EDIT: Damn you AmuseMe, you beat me to it!

You can buy some of their older cases from their ebay store (separately) but the new ones like these you can not. But you could still look around on the internet for some used ones.

Alienware Predator ALX 2.1 Full Tower Black Case Lights - eBay (item 260581104427 end time Jun-04-10 15:13:57 PDT)
Old May 6, 2010, 05:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Love the look of it and the adjustable lighting. Thank god its windowless :| inside is a bit of a mess but otherwise that is one sweet case. Wish you could buy just the case itself.
The wires that you see going across the cooler and bunched up on the right are because of me. I didn't take the time to tuck everything away.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 6, 2010, 06:08 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
I roughly know the final figure, but I'll let Slik answer that one if he wants.

Keep in mind this thing came with a keyboard that'll change to any colour under the sun that you want via software, a good gaming mouse, gaming headphones with a retractable mic (like he needed them 'cause he has a pair of Pysko's lol), a couple of hats (one of which Slik was kind enough to give me), some cloths for wiping finger prints and dust off of everything...... ok I think that's it.
I paid a lot of money for this rig but I asked Killswitch how much it would cost if he were to build an identical system for me. He builds his own rigs and he knows what he is doing. He checked prices etc. on line and found that to build one like mine would only be about $600.00 cheaper.When you figure in a 3 year warranty,the deal ended up pretty good. Dell has horrible telephone support but they back up thier product.I have had no problems with hardware exchanges etc. and in most cases,if I needed a replacement of any kind,I got an upgrade.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 6, 2010, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The one thing you can't see in the pics is the sound card. There is an X-FI Forte hidden under the video cards.
Old May 6, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Alienware Alx

Sweet.Too bad you can't buy the new cases. Even still, without the Alienware mobo, the lights are hit and miss. I would like to see them make an aftermarket light card to accomodate this. That way, anyone wanting to buy an older case could put their hardware in and have the dynamic lighting. Suppose that's one of the draws. I have the X-Fi Fatality Champ. Love the difference of a good sound card.
Old May 6, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Sweet.Too bad you can't buy the new cases. Even still, without the Alienware mobo, the lights are hit and miss. I would like to see them make an aftermarket light card to accomodate this. That way, anyone wanting to buy an older case could put their hardware in and have the dynamic lighting. Suppose that's one of the draws. I have the X-Fi Fatality Champ. Love the difference of a good sound card.
I also have a Titanium Fatality Champion series card that is now in my wifes XPS 730x rig.She doesn't use 5.1 analog headphones, so, the front panel gizmo that comes with Champion series is perfect for her headphones.They are,of course,the Alienware Tactx cans that came with my new system.They are very light weight and comfortableto wear for long and late night gaming. With CMSS enabled,they sound pretty good as well.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL @ the mobo colours.

Nice case tho ;p
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.