Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2010, 07:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Still waiting for those pics. :)
I'm going to try an get back to Slik's house Sunday afternoon. I'll put the tower up on his desk and try to take some pics of every part of the case for you guys. I'll make sure to show some cool features like the interior LED's that come on inside of the case when the side panel is swung open, the LED's on the rear of the case that you can push a button to turn on when you're trying to plug things in under a desk where it's dark, the water cooler, the other side panel where the HDD's are mounted, and of course........ the top of the case where the motorized fins are. Oh, and the front panel is motorized too. When you push the alien head the top portion comes down to reveal the 5.25" drive bays. It's one of the best PC cases I've seen to be honest.

One other thing..... case and keyboard lighting. Unreal. You can pick almost any color you can think of and light up 5 parts of the case and 2 parts of the keyboard INDEPENDENTLY...... VIA SOFTWARE!!!!! Yeah, it's awesome!
Old May 5, 2010, 06:05 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Well, here are the pics you guys have been waiting for.

First off...... some exterior shots.

Take note (in the pic below) of the LEDs that turn on when the motorized front panel comes down.

Here's a side view showing the top motorized fins fairly well.

Here's the back panel all lit up by more white LEDs. You can't see the button in this pic, but it's not hard to find when you're feeling around back there.

The next two pics show the handle that comes out to yank out the 1.1 Kilowatt power supply, if you ever had to. Look mom! No screws!

These next two pics reveal what's behind the motherboard. Six 3.5" hard drive bays. Just drop 'em in. No cables to plug in. Easy as pie. The one drive you see is a 300GB 10K RPM Velociraptor.

Here's the interior with a shroud covering the video cards. I guess it's meant to help keep their heat isolated and funneled straight out the back of the tower. There's a fan just in front of the two 5970's to feed them fresh air. That fan seems to move a lot of air, but unfortunately I have no clue what it's specs are or what size it even is. I haven't taken the case apart to look. Google would likely have an answer for anyone interested though. The white interior LED's light up when the side panel is swung open.

Same scenario without the shroud.

Here's a good view of the naked 5970's, the X58 Dell mobo, and the Alienware H2O cooling in all it's glory.

Here's a close up of the all-in-one water block/pump. Note the "chrome" Alienware logo on it.

...... and lastly, another pic of the dual 5970's....... just 'cause.

A few simple mods at this point have been two 120mm fans added to the top of the tower beside the 1x120mm rad, and an 80mm added to the rear. Slik has plans to swap the 120's with these -> NCIX.com - Buy Silenx iXtrema Pro Quiet Fan 120MMX38MM 1200RPM 72CFM 14DBA Fluid Dynamic Bearings 3/4PIN - IXP-76-14 In Canada.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

really like that hdd setup does it hold ssd too?
Old May 5, 2010, 06:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
really like that hdd setup does it hold ssd too?
I'm sure it would with an adapter of some sort to hold the drives. You can order the system with solid state drives straight from Dell.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thumbs up Alienware Alx

Sweet setup. I especially like the way the hard drives are installed. Lights for the back, simply awesome. If you don't mind my asking, roughly what did this baby cost you?
Old May 5, 2010, 06:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, amazing case. I really like the look of it, plus the HDD arrangement. Too bad they didn't make the interior black and sleeve the cables, but I guess that's too much to ask anyways from a big manufacturer.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
If you don't mind my asking, roughly what did this baby cost you?
I roughly know the final figure, but I'll let Slik answer that one if he wants.

Keep in mind this thing came with a keyboard that'll change to any colour under the sun that you want via software, a good gaming mouse, gaming headphones with a retractable mic (like he needed them 'cause he has a pair of Pysko's lol), a couple of hats (one of which Slik was kind enough to give me), some cloths for wiping finger prints and dust off of everything...... ok I think that's it.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Love the look of it and the adjustable lighting. Thank god its windowless :| inside is a bit of a mess but otherwise that is one sweet case. Wish you could buy just the case itself.

Old May 5, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thumbs up Alienware Alx

Yeah, I sent an email to find out if it was possible to purchase a case, or send parts I already own in a build. I didn't expect to be able to, but there's been no reply to my query. I think a light up Alien head on the side panel would be kickass, but one can't have everything. Still think it's a sweet rig. Enjoy that beast, I'm somewhat envious.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, that is one of the most advanced cases I have seen from the outside! On the inside however, how could they cheap out so much as to not paint it or sleeve the cables (or at least ATTEMPT to organize them a bit)?