Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2007, 09:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Talking

lol they're 1440x900 but image shack hates me and i just learned that hwc has a image host lol
Old November 7, 2007, 11:01 AM
Allstar

I persoanly use a FANG controller. Much better in my opinion. You can have all the great gaming keys and use whatever keyboard you like. I must admit though, that is a nice gamer keyboard for sure.
Old November 8, 2007, 07:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Wink lol yeah but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
I persoanly use a FANG controller. Much better in my opinion. You can have all the great gaming keys and use whatever keyboard you like. I must admit though, that is a nice gamer keyboard for sure.

that would be awsome but as u can see from pics no room lol, and the fang isn't back lit:)

edit: and i'm getting ready for crysis
Old November 8, 2007, 02:48 PM
Allstar

I could always add a few bright LEDS to the inside to brighten up the spaces between the button and the cover. Just tap into the 5 volt supply on the circuit board. Would be very easy, that is all the keyboard has. Once your used to a controller you seldom look at it anyway. I don't, there is a little rasied area for aligning your hand then your good to go. I have actually been considering a Saitek Cyborg game controller.
Old November 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I ended up getting the Merc- I really anjoy the backlit keyboard- the lighting in my office isn't particularly cozy and with this KB, there's no need to have them on. I still have to get used to the slightly smaller querty section- I have a real hard time finding the delete, alt, shift etc. keys. I'm also having to relearn the COD key layout with the gaming setup- it's not that different, but my fingers were pretty highly trained to the old standard keyboard- I'm sure I'll love it in a few more days.
Old November 8, 2007, 04:28 PM
Allstar

For sure. They are much easier to use and quicker then using a qwerty for moving in a game. Also when others play it is easy to tech them to play the game..The control are right there.
Old November 10, 2007, 10:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Post yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robscix View Post
For sure. They are much easier to use and quicker then using a qwerty for moving in a game. Also when others play it is easy to tech them to play the game..The control are right there.
yup and i like the back lit keys by how the actual key is translucent now all they have to do is get zmod for gears of war cause i'm to lazy to make one lol

p.s. i might be reviewing gears in the next few days since it review should it go in the review section or game section?

Cheers,
rvc
Old November 11, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've discovered one PITA with the merc- every time I crash from a failed OC, the keybard goes numb on me when it reboots- I have to power doan and turn the PSU off for a minute to get it to comunicate with the computer again. Anyone esle experience this?
Old November 11, 2007, 10:29 AM
Allstar

No, not with my fang controller. Then again I don't OC much... What I wanted to mention is even if the company has no mod for the keyboard you will notice many of the other mods will work great. Many of them are generic for FPS games.
Old November 11, 2007, 02:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

my board doesn't over clock worth beans. so nope but i have noticed it wont work if your in windows f8 menu (safemode ect.)