Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 1, 2010, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
dude i build custom built machines mnpctech builds one-off's you''ll never get what they sell anywhere else works of art. any good member here can do what i do with enough experience. still waiting for those pics
Ths pics will be posted on Sunday May 2nd. My friend Killswitch will be at my house to help provide you all with a proper description of the parts and tech as well as the pics. Killswitch is a trained field tech. having worked on almost any computer you can think of. He also built his own high end P.C. This man has worked on my wife's XPS 730x,our XPS 720,our XPS Gen 4 and also prepared and set up the Area 51.There is no person I trust more than Killswitch when it relates to computers. I would like to thank everyone showing interest and giving thier opinions,all of which I take very seriously. T.C.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 1, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Alienware Alx

Glad you found someone you like and can trust. I've heard some horrror stories about many different things. When you find something you like as in the Alienware PC, then I think you should stick with it. Enjoy the new machine.
Old May 1, 2010, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry just thought he was doing the setup must have missed the whole ( your doing a review, thank by the way ) i have a few clients that buy dell/alienware well that's where i point them cause they call and ask how to play a cd kinda questions all the time no joke. (these clients i send to dell i am not tech support). thank for the effort/pics.
Old May 1, 2010, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Talking Alienware Alx

Lookin' forward to Sunday's pics.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:37 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
Sorry,no pics yet. Killswitch had his parents visiting and could not make it over. I don't have a camera that works yet so I will wait until he can get here.I too want all the info on my system shared with all on this site.After all,bragging feels good. Thanks to everyone showing interest.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 3, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Alienware Alx

That's ok. It makes the wait that much better in anticipation. Enjoy your system meanwhile.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post

I have them posted over here -> Area 51 Delivered

Enjoy!
Old June 19, 2010, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Hi Slik and Killswitch!

Great machine!

I am also wondering what the major difference between the AREA-51 ALX and the NON-ALX.

I am contemplating on which one to go for, maybe a bit of guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I am leaning towards the NON-ALX.

Thanks!
Old June 20, 2010, 06:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunny996TT View Post
Hi Slik and Killswitch!

Great machine!

I am also wondering what the major difference between the AREA-51 ALX and the NON-ALX.

I am contemplating on which one to go for, maybe a bit of guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I am leaning towards the NON-ALX.

Thanks!
The non ALX does not allow two video cards and have a sound card installed.Nor does it have the motorized door etc.Be very careful when looking at options etc. as the ALX will let you configure more hardware in your purchase if you want to really beef it up.Can't go wrong with either one really. Good luck and let us know.
Old June 20, 2010, 09:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That's not quite true. I have the non-alx, it is the same in every way, but the ALX comes with a bit higher hardware, as stock. Sli as stock. More warranty as stock, and i think the ALX customer service is better, as when you call in it asks if you are a ALX owner. As far as the case it is exactly the same. It has the motorized front door, and louvers. When you go to upgrade your pc in their configuration, there is some options not available to non-alx, such as sound card (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me). You can upgrade the non alx to sli or crossfire, but stock its is 1 card solution.