Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Member Reviews (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/member-reviews/)
-   -   Alienware ALX?? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/member-reviews/30772-alienware-alx.html)

Killswitch April 29, 2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digikid (Post 370416)
That is one ugly chassis IMHO. LOL!!!!!!

I think that i perferred the Alien looking case from the early 2000's instead.

It's way better looking in person. :thumb:

Zero82z April 29, 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digikid (Post 370416)
That is one ugly chassis IMHO. LOL!!!!!!

I think that i perferred the Alien looking case from the early 2000's instead.

In the early 2000s they just used a slightly modified version of the Chenming/Chieftec/*insert other brand with the same case design* case. I'm sure everyone knows which case I'm talking about.

Keltron 3030 April 30, 2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapmaster (Post 361337)
So what is difference between Aurora and Area 51, for almost the same configuration, the difference in pricing is a few hundreds.

The Aurora is a mATX system marketed toward people who need a good lan rig, where the Area-51 is a mid tower gaming system not meant to really be moved around.

fishingfanatic April 30, 2010 10:11 AM

Aliemware

I must admit that I would like the case with the motorized louvers. I would build my own system with that case.

Slik May 1, 2010 07:31 AM

All of the motors are what makes this thing so friggen heavy.

fishingfanatic May 1, 2010 07:46 AM

Alienware Alx

Can you imagine it with a 1200w psu, loaded with HDDs and either 3 way SLI or triple crossfire? Who needs to go to the gym. It would start to weigh more than a 10 - 12 yr old child. Hope you have a strong back. 89 lbs is insane.
:shok:

Slik May 1, 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingfanatic (Post 371249)
Can you imagine it with a 1200w psu, loaded with HDDs and either 3 way SLI or triple crossfire? Who needs to go to the gym. It would start to weigh more than a 10 - 12 yr old child. Hope you have a strong back. 89 lbs is insane.
:shok:

I have no need to worry. I have a friend. By the way,without crossfire,sound card etc.the stock configured Area 51 ALX is 84 pounds. No getting away from that weight but who cares? I really like this rig and I have a couple of high end rigs to compare it to.Killswitch should be here Sunday and provide pics etc.

fishingfanatic May 1, 2010 11:49 AM

Alienware Alx

I wish that if anyone had some half decent parts that they could be sent and incorporated into the unit. I have a pair of 5970s that would go in there. Ah well. I must admit that there's nothing like building your own. The only thing better would be to build custom rigs for a living. Of course Mnpctech has a great setup.

gingerbee May 1, 2010 12:50 PM

dude i build custom built machines mnpctech builds one-off's you''ll never get what they sell anywhere else works of art. any good member here can do what i do with enough experience. still waiting for those pics

fishingfanatic May 1, 2010 01:51 PM

Alienware Alx

Yeah, I can do any of either except paint. Weld, braze, machine, problem is my health. Used to be a tradesman. Good thing is I'm still walking. How about those Leafs? hahahahahahahahaha Ya gotta learn ta laugh. Make the most of what life gives ya.
:bleh: