LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2010, 06:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

They aren't the same. Period.
Come on with the am right your wrong because of your opinion. as much as you disagree with it the facts are when you go see inglorious bastards you know what your getting. It's a video game was i shocked by this stage no because it's COD 6 a first person shooter.
watch the new rambo if you think this is bad holy cheese cake. ( kids should not watch or play this kinds of games or movies jmo )
Old January 2, 2010, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
But you are doing the ACTUAL MURDERING of **virtual** innocent people, not just watching. "Enjoying" violence is OK but committing is not.

I think a lot of people are missing my main point. Violence is Violence. I'm not speaking out on violence in games at all. I'm speaking to the fact that the game puts you in the shoes of a terrorist, committing calculated, vicious acts and considering how the world is today.... its in bad taste. In a game or not, getting the end user to saw down non-combatants in a game that's centered on modern combat is in bad taste, period.

The act of killing in games does not turn my stomach, as you all have made clear, it shouldn't.... random acts of violence have been so entrenched in our society now that we're numb to it....

However, there is a MAJOR difference between a random act of voilence and committing a terrorist act..... thats the point I've been trying to make since the begining. I enjoy GTA like the rest of us.... but when its something that hits as close to home as terrorism, it shouldn't have been included.

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old January 2, 2010, 06:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlef View Post
However, there is a MAJOR difference between a random act of voilence and committing a terrorist act..... thats the point I've been trying to make since the begining. I enjoy GTA like the rest of us.... but when its something that hits as close to home as terrorism, it shouldn't have been included.
Gangsters and mafia are much closer to us than those terrorists...
Old January 2, 2010, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
Gangsters and mafia are much closer to us than those terrorists...
Amen.
Old January 2, 2010, 07:44 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
I believe censorship is more dangerous than anything else. Life goes on.
Yes thank you end thread! Simple solution don't play the game. There is even a warning at the beginning for sensitive ones if you choose to ignore that is your problem.

Also to the OP don't think because I don't care means I have not experienced terrible things I do live in Canada because my family fled from a not so nice communist regime. Still doesn't bug me and I thought it was interesting they did that. And from threads like this it worked!

I think for me I do have a disconnect when I'm playing games. They are still far too crude to elicit an emotional response from me. Still silly little games....

Old January 2, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Watching

Doing

How do you figure they are one and the same? If I see a murder committed, it that the same as carrying one out? No.
Not that I really want to get into this discussion....

But...

Depends on who you are when you watch a murder being committed. If you and 3 others broke into a house and one of your friends proceeded to kill one of the household then in my opinion you're all guilty together unless proof is brought forth that you either tried to immediately leave or tried to stop them.

However, I think you meant it as from a passerby's point of view....
Old January 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You cannot commit an actual crime playing a video game. I agree that society is hopelessly de0sensitized, but you absolutely cannot commit a crime playing a video game. To me, horror/crime movies are just as horrible as video games.
Old January 2, 2010, 07:57 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
Yes thank you end thread! Simple solution don't play the game. There is even a warning at the beginning for sensitive ones if you choose to ignore that is your problem.
Yes. I don't have a problem with the game. I do have a problem with adults allowing minors to play this game. Rated 17+? You need to be 17+ to go near the game. Lets hope that parents are being vigilant and making sure their kids are not playing this...
Fold for team #54196
Old January 2, 2010, 08:14 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I've personally got no problem with violence in games, but I think this level is particularly tasteless. It's obvious that the developers put it in just to be edgy and controversial. It had nothing to do with adding emotional impact to the game or turning gaming into a legitimate art form as some people might claim to defend it; it's about money, pure and simple, and it seems to have paid off big time for Infinity Ward. I'm sure they're having loads of fun rolling around in their piles of cash and laughing about how they completely ****** over PC gamers and still managed to get away with it.
Old January 2, 2010, 09:30 PM
Allstar

It's a good thing this mission is in the game or nobody would even be talking about it.

What a complete piece of crap game.

Press "E" to kill the guard..... What a joke.

I don't give 2 shitz how good the graphics are if the gameplay sucks.