Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2009, 09:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Anyone have a Cyberpower pc? recommend?

Hi broskies

i was considering doing my first build of recent but i'm kind of chickening out now and opting just to buy something(scared to bend threads when puttting in my new 200 dollar cpu).

so i was leaning toward's a limited dell 8000 i5 because its cheap and i only need 720 p gaming, but.... i've come across this great deal on new egg for an i5 cyberpower which is 70 bucks chepaer then the dell and comes with faster ram, better video card, 700 watt psu, cheesy gaming case ect Newegg.ca - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1030 Intel Core i5 750(2.66GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Desktop PCs

This cyber power pc is perfect for what i need and extremly cheap however i've read some real bad and sketchy cyberpower pc reviews. alot of good ones too but alot of reviews with pc showing up dead, parts no being plugg in etc

Can anybody here vouche for these guys, anybody got a cyber power that been running strong? F*** me i want that pc

any input appreciated
Old December 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Where are you from anyways? This is a enthusiast forum, why would we have that POS computer.

-Plato
Old December 12, 2009, 10:27 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

No personal experience with them. Known a few peeps who went against my recommendations and bought them...6mths later they usually get me to build them a "proper" system.

With a bit of assembly you could get as good or better for that coin.
YMMV, but that is what I personally would do. IF I had to buy a prebuilt I'd prolly get one that can have a kick ass warranty w/ local support. That computer seems to be the worst of both worlds.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; December 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: left out a "p" in prebuilt :)~
Old December 12, 2009, 10:37 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't know if you'd really be pleased with a 9500GT at any resolution but like 800X600.
Old December 12, 2009, 10:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
No personal experience with them. Known a few peeps who went against my recommendations and bought them...6mths later they usually get me to build them a "proper" system.

With a bit of assembly you could get as good or better for that coin.
YMMV, but that is what I personally would do. IF I had to buy a rebuilt I'd prolly get one that can have a kick ass warranty w/ local support. That computer seems to be the worst of both worlds.
thank you for an answer i was looking for though i dont think i could assemble one any cheaper. 220 for i5, 120 for win 7, 100 for cheap mb, it will get up to 680cad real fast
Old December 12, 2009, 10:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayah View Post
I don't know if you'd really be pleased with a 9500GT at any resolution but like 800X600.
32 bit 13xx by76x is not that demanding , the 9500gt is fine to get me started

Last edited by johnnyblazzwa; December 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old December 12, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't get a 9500GT for gaming. If you don't want to built it yourself, you can get NCIX to built it for you for 50$.
Old December 12, 2009, 10:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Wouldn't Buy if you gave me the money to do so to be honest.

Much like any big box store builds they sell you on the Big points and forget to mention that the PSU is garbage and the HDD is crap and the VC is low tier.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 12, 2009, 11:03 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Fine, fine, i won't get that POS

but i doubt i can put together much of an i5 rig with 680 cad if at all
Old December 12, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblazzwa View Post
Fine, fine, i won't get that POS

but i doubt i can put together much of an i5 rig with 680 cad if at all
But you'll get better quality parts that should last longer.