Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2009, 06:42 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintank View Post
ah the lovely amiga, been a very very long time since I have used that one, ......

AmigaOS 4.0 is not so old
Old December 15, 2009, 06:43 PM
Allstar

commercial anyone ...
Attached Images

Old December 15, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Sure, lets whip them out! I was simply drawing attention to your idiotic statement that just because I'm a Mac user I must know less than you. If I use a Mac I must be an idiot, because PC's are superior in ever way, no way there would actually be applications to which the Mac is better suited for! Blasphemy!

I don't actually think I'm better than someone else and look down upon them.

I never said that because YOU are a Mac user, that *I* was better than you in any way. I was simply generalizing that the average Mac user LITERALLY went Mac because they couldn't stop getting PWND on the PC everytime the next reiteration of the latest email scam came around.

It's not only Mac users. I had a guy come up to me and talk to me about "OS'es". He rattled some stuff off, which seemed questionable, then told me he ran linux. Somewhat intrigued I asked him which distro. He looked at me blankly. I repeated the question, and when met with the same blank look I said "Which linux operating system are you using? Mandrake, Yellowdog, Redhat, etc?" to which he replied "You mean there is more than one of them?!"

You bloody well know he never installed it let alone used it by the end of the conversation.

"
Old December 15, 2009, 06:45 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Amiga / AmigaOS

Unfortunately a lot of people missed out on this excellent OS.

come on you have nothing more than amiga in your pocket ?

" The PC - MAc war " And what if the worst enemy of Windows was not OSx, but something coming out from Redmond too.. is the name "Midori" ring a bell in your head...no google pls.
Old December 15, 2009, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
AmigaOS 4.0 is not so old

I'm in the list of betatesters for that OS. I got it and ran a demo of the OS here in Vancouver when it was still Alpha.

I just recently sold my AmigaOne, however.... something I don't really like to think about often
Old December 15, 2009, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well that is your user experience I guess, you are the one of the very few that haven't had a BSOD or noticed any memory leaks or any of the other major issues that the common crowd have.

might I ask what programs you are using on the pc, and what about the mac's the actually using of the mac's you don't like besides the pricing

oh and for that other response can't remember who said it, yes Parallels is awesome

and well never used AmigaOS 4.0, I haven't used Amiga since the 80's

EVGA X58 Classified 3 SLI / i7 920 D0 / Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 2gb x 6 / Noctua NH-D14 / BFG 260 Maxcore / Corsair Obsidian 800D / Seasonic M12D 850w
Old December 15, 2009, 06:53 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
well that is your user experience I guess, you are the one of the very few that haven't had a BSOD or noticed any memory leaks or any of the other major issues that the common crowd have.

and what is this

Old December 15, 2009, 06:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

hey I never said there wasn't an equivalent and I have never had that screen pop up on any mac I have used
there are a lot less users that see that screen that see the BSOD :P

but yes they each have them as it is impossible to stop fatal errors, but the frequency of them is what is un-nerving on a pc

EVGA X58 Classified 3 SLI / i7 920 D0 / Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 2gb x 6 / Noctua NH-D14 / BFG 260 Maxcore / Corsair Obsidian 800D / Seasonic M12D 850w
Old December 15, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

might I ask what programs you are using on the pc, and what about the mac's the actually using of the mac's you don't like besides the pricing

oh and for that other response can't remember who said it, yes Parallels is awesome

and well never used AmigaOS 4.0, I haven't used Amiga since the 80's

Windows 98SE blue screened on me a lot. There were some weeks I spent more time fixing it than playing games on it. Windows XP was a sigh of relief. If you are blue screening Windows XP then you either have hurtin hardware or you've got badly written spyware. A Windows XP system will run half a year without crashing (longest I've personally seen) whereas a Windows 98SE box will last 3 days.

Well, I use my PC for whatever I need it to. I fold with GPU and CPU 24/7, both overclocked. I game, sometimes even while folding. Torrent, video, video conversion. Nothing too spectacular is coming to mind, but really, whatever I want.

I don't do CAD / rendering / desktop publishing

I don't really have any gripes about the Mac, other than the majority of users and the pricing. Oh, and personally I wouldn't want to own a computer I can't repair myself.... and I don't like the idea of my monitor dying and losing my entire computer.
Old December 15, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
come on you have nothing more than amiga in your pocket ?

AmigaOS
Mandrake linux
Redhat linux
Yellowdog linux
FreeBSD (ran IRCd on it)
Windows
Mac
BeOS

Might be more, dunno... drawing a bit of a blank here

Would love to have tried IBM's PS/2 back in the day...