Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2009, 02:16 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Razer Mamba First Thoughts

Package
The Razer Mamba comes in a gorgeous package. The package is clear on top with the mouse on a pedestal. Something I'm definitely keeping. The bottom is made of black plastic and cardboard. with little inserts in the bottom which hold all the accessories. Very nice and high end.

Mouse
I have only ever had a shitty dell mouse and a logitech mx700 so I doubt I have little to compare to but this mouse feel AWESOME. Shape is perfect for my hand and my palm grip. Wireless and wired both work fine with no need to restart as some have complained. I have absolutely no problems with this mouse on any mouse pad that I have used. I have even used this on a pillow and it tracks fine. On the fly DPI change is great as well. My main complaint with this mouse is if it is plugged in unplugging it. I had a hard time removing the cord and ended up having to turn of the mouse and fiddle with it for a minute.

Software
Razer's Mamba Configurator works great allowing you to change dpi from 100-5000. You can also turn on/off the lights on dock and the mamba itself. No real complaints here other than the fact Windows 7 drivers aren't out till the 26th. Sucks since I now need to partion off my hard drive to get XP

Final Thoughts
The Razer Mamba is definitely a keeper for me. Good wireless and wired functionality. Very comfortable, and on t he fly dpi changing. The only downsides are the difficulty to remove the wire when connected and no Windows 7 drivers. This mouse is great now time to head back to futureshop and return it (no way i'm paying 159.99 when I can get for 120) then I will order online:)
Old October 5, 2009, 10:40 PM
Top Prospect

When you get the next one, please post some pictures : )
Old October 6, 2009, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Doesn't futureshop have that thing where u can price match within like 10 days and they give you an extra 4-5% off the price matched price?
Old October 6, 2009, 04:58 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Sure I'll post sum pics. And on the mamba donno the guy I was talking tp said they won't match onlibe retailers and the retailer is onhop.ca il go back and see may be able to get my mamba open box anyway:D they did pricematch the destructor which I got yesturday to tigerdirect
Old October 6, 2009, 05:07 PM
MVP

My brother piked up 2 when they first cam out at memoryxpress and i found a price match and he got them for $120;00 each.

If u hav a memoryxpress neer you go there..

Ya i have the destructor to very good pad...i'm still tryin to get used to it very slik i find...i've had it for couple munths now i think
Old October 6, 2009, 05:45 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightest View Post
My brother piked up 2 when they first cam out at memoryxpress and i found a price match and he got them for $120;00 each.

If u hav a memoryxpress neer you go there..

Ya i have the destructor to very good pad...i'm still tryin to get used to it very slik i find...i've had it for couple munths now i think
No luck I live In Ontario I will try and go tomorrow and see If they can tgo my friend may have to buy for me since I've returned so much stuff
there cause I didn't want it.
Old October 6, 2009, 09:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Gah, way too pricey for a mouse imo. And I am not crazy about wireless mice on a desktop either. But I do like my Deathadder very much. I think I paid $45 for it on sale. Hope this works out for you. Enjoy.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old October 6, 2009, 09:50 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
Gah, way too pricey for a mouse imo. And I am not crazy about wireless mice on a desktop either. But I do like my Deathadder very much. I think I paid $45 for it on sale. Hope this works out for you. Enjoy.
It is alot and I could get the new deathadder or g500 but I love the new buttons for
dpi adjustment. I may stil not by and am debating between mice
Old October 10, 2009, 02:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

dont buy a g500, i have heard bad things

Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse Review: It'll Get You Killed - Logitech G500 - Gizmodo
Old October 12, 2009, 11:16 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

yea i've read that too, I really don't know which mouse to get. I was planning on getting the deathadder but I want adjustable dpi buttons. And I don't really want to spend 120 on mamba. any suggestions?