Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post

Heh heh there he is! Just razzin ya my friend. I love NCIX.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 24, 2009, 10:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Those capcitors are pretty iffy but call Asus they will take some time to replace your board, but be prepared to wait.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old November 24, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old November 25, 2009, 04:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Old November 28, 2009, 05:18 AM
Top Prospect

Default From a retailer's perspective.

A retailer always wants to treat the customer with the best service possible. Which is what we strive for at my company. But there are times where the sitiuation is beyond our control, as we are not the maufacturer of the item. The most we can control is the stock level and price, and help the customer get RMA/warranty service if need arises. However many customers feel that they should only be dealing directly with the retailer when any problems arise with defective products with which warranties can be voided, and this is incorrect. As the warranty is directly offered to the end user by the manufacturer, in some cases, lazy maufacturer side CSR reps will tell the end user to contact the retailer to start a wild goose chase. This can be avoided by keeping a track record of your RMA/refernce number, and noting their names and position, and times of day that you spoke with the reps. This information should never be used to INTIMIDATE/THREATEN them, as they will leave a note in your CSR/RMA file, and you will eventually be ignored if you verbally abuse the reps. Just documented to show that you've attempted to get a resolution within the warranty period.

Similary you need to realize that each sale is a small drop in a giant ocean, so don't expect them to move mountains when your problem is simply a molehill. Eg. If you need RMA service, don't complain about shipping costs, they're offering you an option, you need to bring it to a specific location, there is processing involved if you need the retailer to do it on your behalf.

One final note, unless you get an RMA number/authorization, DO NOT SHIP ANYTHING BACK WITHOUT PERMISSION, as your item WILL GET LOST, and or IGNORED.

Shipping things back without proper documentation is a big no no, to either the retailer/manufacturer.
I've had a lot of customers send me stuff back with nothing more than a return address. This makes it incrediably hard for the CSR/RMA department to process the item, as we do not know if the buyer needs a refund/exchange, and the nature of the problem. Always include a copy of the invoice, always include a copy of the RMA form. Always mark the RMA number on the package.

Thats all I can think of for now...if you have any tricky returns/RMAs or stories I'd like to know (through PM of course) as I'm currently looking over the RMA process within our company.
Old November 28, 2009, 09:24 AM
HaDeS

send the board to me with the broken cap I will fix it for you. You pay shipping.. I live in Calgary Alberta. The same thing happend to my tusl2 several years ago... i broke a cap off and replaced it... The board works perfectly to this day.
Old November 29, 2009, 08:24 PM
Top Prospect

Yes, it is really hard for a retailer to accept a damaged product back when it left the store. And if the store cannot know if it has been returned in the past, well that's another problem.

And if the clip was Broken off, it would have been the easiest thing to remove the videocard.That clip locks the card in so it doesn't move, but you have to tilt it upwards while removing the videocard for it to comeloose. So... from what I am reading, you forced the videocard out, broke the clip and knocked the cap off...