LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2009, 03:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old August 27, 2009, 03:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

No problem as long as you are objective. If in fact, you broke off a capacitor, and are upset that the store won't replace it, then I would keep that to myself.

Edit: saw your post in the capacitor thread....
Fold for team #54196
Old August 27, 2009, 03:12 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Everyone seems to be assuming his mobo and store issues are somehow related. Maybe they are unrelated?
Old August 27, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Everyone seems to be assuming his mobo and store issues are somehow related. Maybe they are unrelated?
Somehow doubting you
Old August 27, 2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
You can say whatever you want. I don't know what your experience was like, but tread carefully. Maybe you just got caught with a one time bad experience or only believe you were treated unfairly in your personal opinion? We have had other people come here and rant away about their experience(s) and people readily came to the defense of the store, including someone who works there. Not mentioning any names, Linus, lol. :)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old August 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well for one thing I am thinking it was just the person I was dealing with, this person pointed out that the clip on the pcie was broken off which I never noticed and also explains why it was so hard to remove the videocard in the first place he told me that I had broken that clip off and in the process broke off the compassitor, which is not what happened, what happened was I was trying to remove the card and after the card came out I notice that the compacitor was bent sidewas and that one of the two inputs from the motherboard was disconected , I tryed to gently push it back on and the compasitor fell off new I am not sure who is at fault, but the person ,which I am sure is the possible manager of "Mikes computer shop Abbotsford " or at least acts like it, was making allot of acusations and assumptions about the board. he said tha tasus would laugh at them if they sent the board in. I asked in a nice way, if he could at least try , he then said that it would cost me $40.00 shipping and handling. to be honest I think that because I had price matched the board a week ago and got it for almost $35.00 cheaoper that he was just trying to make his money back.
Old August 27, 2009, 03:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sorry, Shadowmeph, but you're in the wrong on this one. You took back a board with obvious physical damage. Of course the RMA will be denied. If you had checked it out before installation and it had damage, you could have returned it at that time.

You've had a lot of issues with a lot of parts lately. It might be a run of bad luck. It might not. I'm trying to put this politely. Take your time. Check things out before you start.
Old August 27, 2009, 03:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

As far as I know, most shops will not replace a board that is damaged after you walk out the door with it. I did return a board to Canada Computers once that had damage, but I had left the store like 10 mins earlier, and checked the board over before I left the parking lot. They exchanged it no problems. If I had brought it home and damaged it, or it looked like it was likely that it was damaged after I brought it home then I would have been in the same position as yourself.

With that being said, Avalon Software in St. John's replaced a mobo for a buddy of mine once that was clearly damaged by the user on installation. I was drinking with the said buddy; he wanted his rig put together, and around midnight he convinced me to put it together (while we were both plastered). I put the HSF on a Duron backwards, and the chip and mobo fried when we turned it on. They replaced the mobo (it was retail), but did not replace the oem Duron. We were lucky they replaced the mobo, and were grateful. Since then, I try as best as possible to be sober when working on computers.

Perhaps the guy at the store should have been nicer to you, but I am not sure many places would have replaced the board at no cost to you. I also doubt they would pay to ship it in to rma, with margins these stores have.
Fold for team #54196
Old August 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The reason I never noticed that the PCIe clip was broken is because I didn't have anything to compare it to no picture or anything like that, I did give it a quick look over before I bought it. man I am very annoyed oh well it looks I am stuck with using my HTPC for a while :(
Old August 27, 2009, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

shadowmeph you need to call asus yourself and tell them what happened if they have mercy on you they will fix it for free ( you pay the shipping ) If they don't you'll have to pay for them to fix it.