Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Member Reviews (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/member-reviews/)
-   -   Evermount lcd tv/moniter/26"/40" (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/member-reviews/21487-evermount-lcd-tv-moniter-26-40-a.html)

hightest August 2, 2009 04:26 PM

Evermount lcd tv/moniter/26"/40"

4 Attachment(s)
Evermount lcd t.v/moniter mount/26"/40"/max 70lbs.

Articulating wall mount for mid-sized lcd's t.v's /moniters

Vesa compliant for 75x75,100x100,100x200,200x200mm.26"-40" up to 70lbs.

Features both horizontal/vertical adjustments.

This unite tilts,swivels,many differant ways and degrees.

All hardwere included.And it swivels very easly at the jionts but stiff enuff so it wont move .

Fully xtended frum the wall to the frunt of the lcd is 2',none xtended frum the wall is 6 and a half inches to the frunt of the moniter.It could go closer 2 the wall but my hdmi/opitical audio/cable t.v cable hit the wall so that prevents it frum goin any closer.

It has 3 jionts so it has alot of ways 2 be moved 2 the left or right depending on which stud u mounted it on and which way u need it 2 go.

I mounted the highth so when i sit in my chiar i c approximatly to the canter of the moniter.

Unite comes well packaged,with good instructions.[but who needs instructions eh]

Cost is $159;00 but i bought it onsale 4 $89;00.

I needed the mount bcause i moved my rig into 1 of the geust bedrooms in r basement and they r 10'x14' and i wanted 2 keep as much room as i could 4 r company.

Time used about 1 year

here r a few pics

sswilson August 2, 2009 11:41 PM

I'm in the market for a mount for a 26" LCD tv, but I'm guessing from the low footprint of the wall mount that this one requires a stud to attach it to?

Phobia August 3, 2009 12:42 AM

I would have found this review a lot better if the spelling wasn't so bad!

hightest August 3, 2009 10:16 AM

sswilson yes it needs 2 be bolted into a stud,the lag bolts were 3"s long 4 of them.

Dang im workin on my spelling i have a head injury and it is difacult for me to spell amung other things

panzerfan August 3, 2009 11:52 AM

How do you determine where you can mount such a thing? I've been afraid of DIY since nailing it at wrong place will tear down your drywall and ruin the TV...

sswilson August 3, 2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan (Post 234833)
How do you determine where you can mount such a thing? I've been afraid of DIY since nailing it at wrong place will tear down your drywall and ruin the TV...

From my own shopping around I've found that there appear to be two different styles of mounts.

Ones like this require mounting to a stud (you'd have to get a stud finder) because they only use a few mounting bolts to secure it to the wall, and require the stud to carry the full weight.

There are others which don't seem to have that requirement because they have a much larger footprint and install with 10+ screws which spreads the weight around thus allowing the drywall to be sufficient for carrying the weight.

Supergrover August 3, 2009 12:22 PM

Kudo's for reminding me to throw some backing in before I button up the drywall.
I dont need it now but.......

hightest August 3, 2009 12:47 PM

First thing i did was set my chair at arms reach to my rig,then set a comfy hight 4 my chair.

Then find the closest stud that meets your chair/rig reqiuerments.Rember to figiure out the offset measurements 4 the correct hight of your panel.

Then once you've found that out, you have 4 3" lag bolts you just drill 4 pilot holes then wrench in the lag bolts.

Make sure you get them rite in the center of the stud.[I just tap on the wall to find a stud.Or you can buy a stud finder.]

When you find a stud if it is not were you want to hang your panel, just measure iether 16" or 24" on center to find another stud.

hightest August 3, 2009 12:51 PM

Wow i woodnt hang an lcd of any size just goin into the drywall no matter how many screws it had

It is very easy to find a stud.My brother is about 220lbs and he hang frum mine after i mounted it

SKYMTL August 3, 2009 01:23 PM

Seriously, if you are hanging any electronics from the wall, you better have a stud or some good plywood backing behind the drywall. If you don't it's lights out. Literally.