Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2009, 10:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispex View Post
Well, I now own a pair of these.
I must say though, don't buy them at an actual store. Buy them online. I got them about $15 USD cheaper that way.
I'd really like to buy a pair of these, where did you get them and for how much? I can't seem to find them, the g19 seems available at a few select places now, and the G35s were available at newegg.ca for a short while, but nothing shows there now.
Old June 16, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Please dont take this as me trying to sell stuff, as I dont like to take opportunities for free marketing, but I want to let someone get a wicked headset, of which there is 1 in stock : G35 Gaming Stereo Headset, Wired, Boom Microphone, Over-the-head, Stereo Headset (981-000116) in Canada - Fast Shipping 1.866.800.8060 , I'd get it for myself but I have my AKG's which I love....

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old June 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, now here's a question for you all...

Can you run 2 or more of these headsets on one machine at once?

IE: I'd like to run these on my media center so I can watch a movie while I have guests over or situations like that.....
Old June 16, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

So long as you have an audio splitter I dont see why not, other than the fact the audio quality will degrade every time you hook up another headset. There is only x amount of power coming from the audio source, and splitting that up will cause the speakers in the heaphones to become underpowered, thus losing volume and sound quality.

MSI Z77A-GD65
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old June 16, 2009, 06:15 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
So long as you have an audio splitter I dont see why not, other than the fact the audio quality will degrade every time you hook up another headset. There is only x amount of power coming from the audio source, and splitting that up will cause the speakers in the heaphones to become underpowered, thus losing volume and sound quality.
It's a USB headset, so no, an audio spliter wouldn't work.

As to the original question, I have no idea. The only way to know is to try it, if it works keep the second one, if it doesn't, return it. On a side note, what is the furthest you can extend a USB cable without a repeater(USB hub)?
Old June 16, 2009, 06:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
Please dont take this as me trying to sell stuff, as I dont like to take opportunities for free marketing, but I want to let someone get a wicked headset, of which there is 1 in stock : G35 Gaming Stereo Headset, Wired, Boom Microphone, Over-the-head, Stereo Headset (981-000116) in Canada - Fast Shipping 1.866.800.8060 , I'd get it for myself but I have my AKG's which I love....
Yah, it's out of stock there, and I doubt Logitech will send them any until places like newegg.ca are sending them to Canada, as they ship from the same warehouse as newegg.com
Old June 16, 2009, 07:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid5n0w View Post
It's a USB headset, so no, an audio spliter wouldn't work.

As to the original question, I have no idea. The only way to know is to try it, if it works keep the second one, if it doesn't, return it. On a side note, what is the furthest you can extend a USB cable without a repeater(USB hub)?

This is what I dug up.....

Quote:
According to the USB specification, you can use passive extension cables (i.e., cables without an active repeater chip in them) for distances up to 16 feet. Beyond sixteen feet, you need a cable that will boost the signal in order to avoid losing data or, worse yet, damaging USB equipment.

The maximum distance that you can reach by chaining active USB extension cables together is 80 feet. By using 16 foot cables (the most common length available) you can safely chain up to 4 of these together and have a regular device cable of up to 16 feet without risking data loss or damage to your device.
I'm still very interested to find out if running multiple of these headsets would work...
Old June 16, 2009, 10:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid5n0w View Post
Yah, it's out of stock there, and I doubt Logitech will send them any until places like newegg.ca are sending them to Canada, as they ship from the same warehouse as newegg.com
Guess someone nabbed it! I know we have shipped out a few, and there was 1 in Toronto when I posted.

As for my comment about the cable splitter, D'OH! Facepalm....I should have looked....was thinking 3.5mm for some reason!!

MSI Z77A-GD65
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
Old June 17, 2009, 04:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well, as someone sent me a private message asking where I bought my headset...

...BestBuy. I bought it through their online store, and the local store happened to have them in stock. I bought and picked it up the same day, and because I bought it online, it was much cheaper. After taxes it came to a bit under $125 USD, whereas the of-the-shelf version in the store was going for $132.

I'm sure you can find it sold somewhere else, but I bought it there due to price and range.
Old June 17, 2009, 07:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispex View Post
Well, as someone sent me a private message asking where I bought my headset...

...BestBuy. I bought it through their online store, and the local store happened to have them in stock. I bought and picked it up the same day, and because I bought it online, it was much cheaper. After taxes it came to a bit under $125 USD, whereas the of-the-shelf version in the store was going for $132.

I'm sure you can find it sold somewhere else, but I bought it there due to price and range.
Yah it doesn't even show up on the search on bestbuy.ca, but because you bought in USD, I assume you got it from Bestbuy.com? I just tried on there, and it shows up with the MSRP, but they won't ship to Canada, and I can't choose stores from Canada to pickup from. Do you live in the states?