Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2008, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I musta spent 10mins thinking something went wrong with my sub channel, ALT+tabbed hit some tunes, nope the sound just plain sucks.
Whats the point of a sound card with this game IMO
Ok here's my theory - the developers are aware of this and intentionaly made it this way - Your character in the game probably has some inner ear damage or something and can't hear certain frequencies ... Either that or the devs think you are going to be playing this game using ear buds
Old November 21, 2008, 07:25 PM
Top Prospect

cwestwell thank you so much. I did not take that personally as I said on my thread. But I think the part when you said "give specs" Its kind of uncommon because the game would not loose all its bad stuff by having high quality but everything else is really nice and I will take action on my next review.
Old November 21, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright I can clarify pretty much what I think happened to the audio in the game.

It's called "Phasing": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_(waves)#Phase_shift

They burnt the tracks wrong or recorded them wrong or something and have either total or partial phasing on aspects of every track.

Basically what happens is signals are out of phase and one partially or wholly cancels another out.

They can't fix it without editing every music file and redistributing them in a patch.

OR!

It's not in 5.1 surround :P and you need to turn your matrix off so that it's only stereo!

They could have mixed it wrong for surround.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 21, 2008, 10:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

Why does that sound like a Star Trek explanation.....Captain we can't see them because they are out of phase........I guess Activision will have to release a Deflector Array Patch

OK so I have been playing Hells Highway the last week or so and I just got my COD WAW yesterday in the mail, so tonight I installed it after of course so much raz going on about the sound I thought I should check it out...and holy crap that is one of the most noticeable sound FU@% Ups I can remember especially in a War Sim FPS....damn I dont feel immersed like I should....I thought Hells Highway had some week sounds with all the "real sounding" weapons fire but it sets the right tone...however this is different it not only the guns though its all the action.....WTF and what happened to Infinity Ward

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Last edited by cwestwell; November 21, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old November 23, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Points for Ziikutv for the comment about the guns sounding like that back then. I have never seen Skymtl sooo passionate aboot something being soo shiat lol, Love it lol anyways yes a star trek explanation is the one to rely on here . I have been out for a few days but this was a good laugh, i havent yet played the game myself but my brother has a copy ill keep a ear out for the sound.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old November 23, 2008, 02:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not allow to play the game until a Christmas, somewhat of an early gift (why can't I play it now) though I'll never completely understand my girlfriends logic behind this. Nonthless I have plenty of games to work through between Farcry2 and Fallout3 I am happy just can't to start playing online with you guys.

EE
Old November 23, 2008, 07:22 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
Points for Ziikutv for the comment about the guns sounding like that back then.
If guns sounded like this back then, the people carrying them were the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. As far as I know, the Allies didn't deploy munchkins to the Pacific campaign. They were deemed too valuable so they were stuffed into the ball turrets of bombers....
Old November 23, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol ahhh it was a good laugh a good laugh i tell yea i cant wait to hear how crappy the sound is .
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old November 26, 2008, 05:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
If guns sounded like this back then, the people carrying them were the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. As far as I know, the Allies didn't deploy munchkins to the Pacific campaign. They were deemed too valuable so they were stuffed into the ball turrets of bombers....

I just about had coffee coming out of my nose
Old January 11, 2009, 09:20 PM
Rookie

Frankly, I thought this game sucks! I have played every CoD, MoH etc. etc. and this is the worst one. Character movement is stifled, the sound is very weak and the AI hasn't any 'I'. I was truly disappointed and angry to have wasted $50.00 on this dog.
Diamond Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB GDDR5
Samsung Syncmaster T240
Coolermaster CM 690 Mid Tower
Corsair TX 750W
Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB 32MB Cache
Vista 64 Home Premium

Tags
game , gaming