Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpG View Post
Yeah, sorry. Weapons sounds have been brutalized in this game. In fact, many of the guns' sound remarkably like my .177 pellet gun. As pathetic as it sounds, I kind of hope they address this in a future patch.
Some genius out there will probably release a home made patch to replace the in game sounds - But don't count on any patch or fix for this. During beta, this is one thing that was mentioned on a regular basis by many so they were fully aware ! :D
Old November 19, 2008, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I don't usually comment on other reviews but this is just dead wrong. If you are using a dollar-store speaker system, you won't be able to tell that the gun sounds suck harder than a Shop Vac but for the love of God, buy some real speakers and LISTEN.

Someone completely forgot the bass track when programming the weapon sounds in this game to the point where it sounds like you are shooting spitballs.

Sorry for the harsh criticism but I love WWII shooters and this one gets almost everything right EXCEPT the sound.
I musta spent 10mins thinking something went wrong with my sub channel, ALT+tabbed hit some tunes, nope the sound just plain sucks.
Whats the point of a sound card with this game IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 19, 2008, 06:15 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziikutv View Post

Sound

Sound was really great in the game. The sound of those oldie guns sounded realistic. The background music was really sick. I did noticed something though, when you are playing in multiplayer the sound of you hear while you play and the sound you hear in the kill cam is different. It makes it sound realistic and as if the one was shooting from far.

Call Of Duty has earned it self a burning 4/5
Quote:
The sound do suck thats why the game got a four star mate.

lol
^^ love that smiley. hehe

Old November 21, 2008, 01:02 AM
MVP

My System Specs

if the sounds suck, dock it points for it.
Old November 21, 2008, 05:02 AM
Top Prospect

If the sound sucked big reviewers like, "IGN" "Gamespot" would've said so. Thats how the guns were back then.
Old November 21, 2008, 05:44 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Neither IGN nor Gamespot picked it up because they play the game on a console and then copy / paste it into the PC review.

Actually this is never good coming from a review site:

Quote:
If the sound sucked big reviewers like, "IGN" "Gamespot" would've said so.
No, if the sound sucked YOU should have picked it up.
Old November 21, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Thats how the guns were back then.
Not to pick on you.....but THAT is the funniest thing I have heard in long while! You probably never fired a real weapon in your life but they certainly don't sound like that and they certainly have a physical, tangible "bass" to them to say the least ;)

As for IGN et all....less said the better

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 21, 2008, 10:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ya the sound sucks, but I find it doesnt take away from the multiplayer at all. In combat I dont care about the bass of a gunshot, I just need an audio cue that my weapon has fired, or that im being shot at. I couldnt speak for the singleplayer though, lvl 55 and havent touched the sp. Audigy 2 Platinum, z5300 5.1
Old November 21, 2008, 12:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ouch...welcome to the world of reviewing my freind..Next time do not fear giving harsher critisism as you have noticed the folks here have a pretty damn high standard of all things PC related, but more then that the HWC has a very high standard of reviews posted on the site. I dont want to discourage you but as far as I can tell your review could have been based on nothing more then other reviews...and if not biased but other reviews (ie your IGN, Gamespot comment). Now I wont harsh on you to much because I have not posted a review of anything myself for the exact reason that I know I dont have enough time these days to do a review of any caliber or quality close to that which I have become accustomed to on this site.

But a couple of pointers anyway because you should not let the criticism discourage you but help learn yah better.

1 - Use your own screenshots from your own PC not ones from other sites, and esspecially not PS3 pics.

2 - Find some serious critism...really let us know what you think could be really better.

3 - Do not let other reviews or reviewers bias your own review.

4 - Give us some tech specs...your current build including monitor and sound setup and what FPS you got during Gameplay.

5 - Talk about the little details like packageing, the manual, additional content.

6 - Give so much damn info and opinions that even if you are a noob you sound like a pro. (optional)

Anyway I dont know that's all I could think of really..but then again what do I know. I was excited to see a PC game review on HWC it's something I think should be more common cause lets face it most review sites blow ass and are biased by corperate shills who will give ratings based on how much the company gives them (ie Gamespot). I will stop yaking and maybe try to throw together a review of something myself to see how I stand up to my own standards.....hmmm

E8600 420x10 |Thermalright 120 Black | Maximus Formula | ATI 4870X2 | 4GB Buffalo FireStiX PC8500 | Corsair HX1000 | Lian Li V2010B | Vista Ultimate 64bit

Q6600 334x9 |Thermaltake Blu Orb | ASUS P5Q-PRO| ATI 2900XT | 6GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | Corsair HX520 | Lian Li V600B | Vista Home Premium 64bit

Last edited by cwestwell; November 21, 2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old November 21, 2008, 01:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

great points cwest... helped me out as well.

Tags
game , gaming