Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2009, 11:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hate the game - it is way overrated IMO - Lack of story, you just blast through levels repeatedly killing the same damned zombies, it gets boring and extremely frustrating as you have to walk in circles to figure out where to go not to mention the very narrow field of vision when you use the flashlight in some areas, very annoying game, very disappointed when I played it and certainly not worth the money - if you're playing solo, FORGET IT - this game was meant for MP in the first place I believe.
Old March 15, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And it is really fun with friends(you will want a mic though). It may be repetitive but as you play through with friends just up the diff level and try different styles of play and such. (I have only ever tried coop, not versus)
Having such a small FOV with the flashlight kinda makes it more exciting.

That being said, coop GRAW2(with a mic) is very fun as well and each has their place.
Old March 16, 2009, 03:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This game is most fun when you have 7 or more other friends that play it with you on versus mode. Coop gets tiring fast, while versus mode becomes more challenging as players improve.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 16, 2009, 06:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

L4D is like the Wii. It's only good when you have a full team with friends. I haven't played it in a long time because all my friends and I are busy with school. Overall it is a great game. I just wish the zombies were more scary. It would be cool if they spooked us at tight corners. Kinda like what Alma would do in FEAR.
Old March 16, 2009, 10:53 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
L4D is like the Wii. It's only good when you have a full team with friends. I haven't played it in a long time because all my friends and I are busy with school. Overall it is a great game. I just wish the zombies were more scary. It would be cool if they spooked us at tight corners. Kinda like what Alma would do in FEAR.
+1

Though I don't find a problem with the zombies not being scary enough. I don't think that was what Valve was aiming for in the atmosphere department anyway.
Old March 16, 2009, 06:30 PM
MVP

This game is amazingly fun with friends.

I now have over 220 hours in this game since i've purchased it.

I've been playing with friends since the beginning, & my steam friends list has burgeoned from all the new people i've enjoyed playing with online.

If anyone wants to join me in versus, i play a decent amount every week.

Steam ID = sardonicn7
Corsair HX1000 | Dell 3007WFP & Samsung 204T | 7 Ultimate x64
Old March 19, 2009, 12:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I like to play this game with strangers, because it fits the settings, you get dynamic outcome each time, some strangers betray you, some heal you up, just go to quick match and try to survive and get along with people. Most believable game in years.
Old April 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
Top Prospect

This is actually one of those games that I didn't like, just because its pretty repetitive, and very predictable, because the zombies simply swarm you.. and then theres that fat chubby guy you have to shoot at a distance.. I didn't enjoy it :P.. My friend loves this game though, I think its probably a good game if u like CS Source..
Old April 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this game is fun...when burning your noob teammate to death
Old April 11, 2009, 04:56 PM
MVP

This is NOT a single player game.

Versus is where it's at.