Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

lol was about to say u stole this article from here ZiikuTV Blog Archive Far Cry 2 : Should’ve brought bug spray then i saw your user name again lol
Old November 16, 2008, 04:57 AM
Top Prospect

Sorry those are just roumers. When I said that "They made only herbivore animals because then all the non herbivores would kill the herbivore and it would be hectic.", I said it because it was said by the actual developers of the game. I would like to see that though. Tigers rush at you and when the leap on you, you have like 2 seconds to encounter.. that would be totally scary, but hard/sick.
Old November 16, 2008, 09:49 AM
Top Prospect

Just a heads up everyone, regarding the in game benchmark.

I was experimenting with AA and found a relative increase
in FPS with 2x or even 4x AA enabled. Disabling in-game AI also has a huge impact on performance.

The two together gave me 8-10 FPS more than I usually got at the same settings.
Gameplay seems a little smoother with 2x AA enabled, but there doesn,t appear to be an in game setting for AI.

WC Loop: DD Cpx-Pro | HWL 240 Xtreme | D-Tek V2
Old November 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Your running a dual core. My quad gets no benifit from disabling this as it is threaded well.
Old March 23, 2009, 02:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

IMHO this game is a perfect example of all flash/no substance...very pretty to look at, but repetitive as hell. I usually play a game through start-to-finish in a few weeks...this one's been on my HD for three months now and I'm probably not even a quarter of the way through.

Fallout 3 kept me coming back for more until I finished it...same applies to Dead Space. I think Far Cry 2 might be one of the few games I actually give up on before I finish it.
Old March 23, 2009, 04:50 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Not to go flying off-topic too far, but...

How did you "finish" a game like Fallout 3? How many hours did you pump into it to achieve such a feat?

[Please note that my personal definition of "finished" (especially in regards to games made by Bethesda) means true completion. . . or at least 90% of possible objectives placed by the developers are complete.]

That said... Farcry is very repetitive. The weapons are fun, but I got bored after buying all of them. I also got bored with the fact that every single living person you see outside of a safehouse or town wants to kill you. Specifically you. Not the other guys that nearly ran them off the cliff with their truck, but you, because you just happen to be there.
Old March 23, 2009, 05:21 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispex View Post
Not to go flying off-topic too far, but...

How did you "finish" a game like Fallout 3? How many hours did you pump into it to achieve such a feat?

[Please note that my personal definition of "finished" (especially in regards to games made by Bethesda) means true completion. . . or at least 90% of possible objectives placed by the developers are complete.]

That said... Farcry is very repetitive. The weapons are fun, but I got bored after buying all of them. I also got bored with the fact that every single living person you see outside of a safehouse or town wants to kill you. Specifically you. Not the other guys that nearly ran them off the cliff with their truck, but you, because you just happen to be there.

Lol I feel the exact same way with Far Cry 2, It is very repetitive and I hate that fact that anyone you run into wants to kill you =/, very annoying.. Its def not very realistic , it would've made more sense that they'd attack you only when you'd try to attack them..
Old March 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I consider a game "finished" if I've completed all of the story quests, plus the majority (at least 3/4s) of the side quests...so yes, I did "finish" Fallout 3. I can't say exactly how much time I spent, but it was probably too much...especially if you ask my wife
Old May 14, 2009, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlarry View Post
I agree, however, not everyone can be at home in front of the rig they call their own. Sometimes you just have to sit in a crappy hotel room and take what you can get. Oh well, such is life. I must improve that situation (laptops currently suck).

Well put!

I have three monitors at work each at 1280x1024, but i'm not going to resize the window for one picture.

That having been said...this review has inspired me to try the game!
Old June 24, 2009, 07:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ging9 View Post
IMHO this game is a perfect example of all flash/no substance...very pretty to look at, but repetitive as hell. I usually play a game through start-to-finish in a few weeks...this one's been on my HD for three months now and I'm probably not even a quarter of the way through.

Fallout 3 kept me coming back for more until I finished it...same applies to Dead Space. I think Far Cry 2 might be one of the few games I actually give up on before I finish it.

I agree totally, i got this game almost as soon as it came out, was really into it for the first few missions, looked around at the amazing scenary, and then... got bored. I was around 30-40% finished the game when i got tired of doing the same things over and over, but in different areas. Beautiful engine, bad singleplayer, but the multiplayer is always awesome .

Also, the map editor is simply amazing.