Go Back   Hardware Canucks > NEWS & REVIEWS > Member Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26, 2008, 11:48 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekieh View Post
Thank you for the comments James. Truthfully, the reason this review was a bit lacking is because I sold the mouse 4 months ago, so I had to dig deep into my brain to remember alot about it ;). However, a buddy of mine has had a G9 since it was released, the "dry" layer off the dry grip is also coming off of his mouse, which is why he know uses the comfort grip. Logitech would probably be happy to replace it for you. In my experience their customer service is pretty good.
What do you mean about the dry layer on the grip?

Thanks.

CHEERS
Old October 27, 2008, 06:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

The second "performance" grip. In the pictures its the smaller one. It has a rough coating on the outside, and is supposed to keep your hands dry. The coating on the outside starts to peel off after a while, which is what both my friend, and James are experiencing
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 27, 2008, 06:52 AM
Allstar

Quote:
The second "performance" grip. In the pictures its the smaller one. It has a rough coating on the outside, and is supposed to keep your hands dry. The coating on the outside starts to peel off after a while, which is what both my friend, and James are experiencing
Oh yeah, I noticed that as well. To be honest with you, I have both the G5 and G9 and I find the G9 way more comfortable and was hoping that they would come out with even larger optional covers for the G5 since I do like the extra buttons, DPI rating and the scroll control.

CHEERS
Old October 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Oh yeah, I noticed that as well. To be honest with you, I have both the G5 and G9 and I find the G9 way more comfortable and was hoping that they would come out with even larger optional covers for the G5 since I do like the extra buttons, DPI rating and the scroll control.
I wish they would make a MX Revolution grip for the G9. Out of all the mice i have tried, my MX Revolution is by far, like faaarrrr, the comfiest, and i mean by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr.
lol
Mobo: Asus P6T Deluxe | CPU: i7 940 | Ram: 3x2 GB | HSF: CM V8 | GPU: HD 6950 | PSU: PCP&C 750W | ]HDD: WD 500gb x3, 120GB Vertex 2 | Case: Antec 1200 | Monitor: 3x Asus VE247H | OS: Win7 Ultimate x64
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
Allstar

Quote:
I wish they would make a MX Revolution grip for the G9. Out of all the mice i have tried, my MX Revolution is by far, like faaarrrr, the comfiest, and i mean by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr.
lol
Wow, that's far

CHEERS
Old October 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Wow, that's far
lol ;)
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old October 28, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

That coating comes off? I've been using my own G9 for half a year now, iirc, using it for everything from surfing to gaming, with that grip. Not so much as a scratch on the coating.
Old November 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Allstar

I'm thinking about the Razer but I'm not sure about that mouse...looks kinda CHEAP

CHEERS
Old November 3, 2008, 03:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

Definitely not cheap, IMO it looks alot nicer than the Razer mice, but its all preference i guess
My Trading Rep:
HWC
OCN
Heat
Ebay

Old November 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Definitely not cheap, IMO it looks alot nicer than the Razer mice, but its all preference i guess
That's what I meant - the Razer looks cheap in comparison to the G9 :)

CHEERS