Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2, 2013, 09:29 AM
Top Prospect

Smile Screen Burnin on Retina Displays?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

410 pages of a comment thread leads me to believe this isn't an isolated incident.

From one of the comments it looks as if Apple is trying to broom Samsung out of making their displays and their new supplier isn't doing such a good job.

itsamacthing
Re: MacBook Pro Retina display burn-in?
Jan 1, 2013 12:01 AM (in response to Silksy)

"Send it back if you are worried...Apple is reading this thread very closely. Posts erased, stats reset. They clearly don't want the word spreading too much. Those who are going the repair route and getting Samsung screens seem happy. I would be happy with that solution, but who needs the hassle and headache just to buy a computer? "
Old January 2, 2013, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mmm, Apple quality due to the high end server parts, I assume.

Even funnier that the solution to the Apple issue is Samsung.

Quote:
Learn a few things here everyone. This thread is over 400 pages with apple deleting threads. The product is flawed, apple service is shoddy, they won't acknowledge fault, and these are the most expensive machines on the market. Save your money, get the next model, or do as many are, leave apple. They aren't the same company and are ok with less than reliable suppliers so long as they have product to ship. And because the parts are proprietary, you are stuck with the idiot bar.

I've been the biggest supporter of apple and I can honestly say after this fiasco and a coupe others, I always ward people away from apple now and keep the proof of these screw ups as photos on my phone so I can save others from going through what I have.
Ouch.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:55 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Bummer. I was considering a 13" model but this doesn't bode well at all.

Tags
apple retina burnin