Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 20, 2011, 07:29 PM
Allstar

Default 2,880x1,800 ultra-high-resolution display

Citing industry sources, DigiTimes is reporting today that Apple is currently planning to launch a new MacBook Pro in the second quarter that would come with a 2,880x1,800 ultra-high-resolution display. The display would be a significant step up over what it currently offers. The company's 17-inch MacBook Pro, for example, features a 1,920x1,200 LED-backlit display.

Apple bringing ultra-high-resolution display to MacBook Pro? | The Digital Home - CNET News

CHEERS
Old December 20, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

why? its a laptop!
Old December 21, 2011, 03:56 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
why? its a laptop!
You know, I've been a PC guy for sometime now and I suppose I'm at the stage where there's not much interest in having a shagging, money sucking machine anymore and prefer clean simplicity. Given the options out there, Apple's line is absolutely gorgeous and more then satisfies my style. So why not ?

PC market is dieing a slow death march - no matter what people are saying. Laptops, pads and smart phones are dominating the market now and I'm really starting to appreciate the Apple line. I don't own a laptop at this time but if this bird comes out in the Summer, I'm all over it so long as it has a decent graphic processor to boot.

CHEERS
Old December 21, 2011, 04:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

17" At such a high resolution, good luck being able to read anything without increasing the magnification of things by quite a bit.
Old December 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would love to have a laptop with that insane resolution. It would be great for editing photos and video on the road.

Let's hope Apple fixes their tool bars that used fixed font-sizes. OSX is very 'slick' on the surface but when it comes down to personal customization it is very lacking.
Old December 21, 2011, 09:46 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Not an Apple guy but I appreciate that they are sticking to 16:10 instead of that stupid 16:9 ratio.
Old December 21, 2011, 01:20 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
You know, I've been a PC guy for sometime now and I suppose I'm at the stage where there's not much interest in having a shagging, money sucking machine anymore and prefer clean simplicity. Given the options out there, Apple's line is absolutely gorgeous and more then satisfies my style. So why not ?

PC market is dieing a slow death march - no matter what people are saying. Laptops, pads and smart phones are dominating the market now and I'm really starting to appreciate the Apple line. I don't own a laptop at this time but if this bird comes out in the Summer, I'm all over it so long as it has a decent graphic processor to boot.

Since when are apples not money sucking considering your paying money for just the apple logo itself.
Old December 21, 2011, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So will this be a $4000 laptop with the specs of a $600 asus?
Old December 21, 2011, 02:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
So will this be a $4000 laptop with the specs of a $600 asus?
Unless someone is ridiculously lazy and upgrades the RAM & HDD (Or SSD) through Apple, there is no way any of the MacBook Pro line can hit $4000. More than likely it would be standard on the 17", and most likely <$2500 if you select the anti-glare option.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

No thanks. My 1600 x 900 laptop display already makes text and icons small enough.