Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 29, 2012, 09:16 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Personally I'm VERY excited to see higher resolution displays. If it takes Apple to push the industry to bring these markets, then I salute them.

Everyone else seems to be content with commodity "1080p" monitors. Omg it has an LED backlight. Bring on the high pixel density stuff.
Hopefully these technologies will transfer over to the desktop displays eventually. Slowest moving technology ever.
Old February 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Personally I'm VERY excited to see higher resolution displays. If it takes Apple to push the industry to bring these markets, then I salute them.

Everyone else seems to be content with commodity "1080p" monitors. Omg it has an LED backlight. Bring on the high pixel density stuff.
Personally I hate 1080p monitors for anything other than watching movies and LED backlight is horribly overrated. I will admit they are brighter than their counterparts but I don't notice THAT much difference.
Old March 7, 2012, 01:14 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I'm all for high pixel density, but it screws up so much things. increase the fonts to 125/150% in win7 and your stuff will be different than on other computers. Office documents even print larger.. it's totaly broken. A lot of website barely support the zoom.

I'm quite close to my 1080p 27'' monitor and I still have to zoom.

While I'd like sharper looking monitors, the support is still poor.
Old March 9, 2012, 02:26 AM
Lyserberg

iPAD 3 is gonna strike with its 2048x1536 monitor,even the usual PodCast stuff now will allow 1080P encoding,for me this is going to create some mess,the 1080p or 720p video will be upscaled,and optically downscaled by your eyes because of the density of the monitor (you get what i mean) i wish they would justs stick with 1080p,while iPAD3 will have A5X quad core CPU,a PS Vita runs in a 960x544 with an A9 (freaking powerful) quad core,and it still has problems locking framerate in uncharted or FIFA Football!
I think they shoud not cheap on the iPad3 CPU so they have the horse power to spare!
Old March 26, 2012, 06:48 AM
Allstar

Well I understand some of the controversy with such a high resolution display but I am still excited about it and am saving my nickels and dimes to get this beast. The combination I want is with the Quad core, discrete gpu and this display on a 17" unit.

I find that I'm not gaming much so this unit should suffice for my needs.

2nd quarter is just around the corner.

CHEERS
Old March 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I MUST HAVE ALL THE PIXELS!

in monitor form that is