Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

The words "cheap" doesn't belong with the word "mac" or "apple" it doesn't exist.
Old November 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The words "cheap" doesn't belong with the word "mac" or "apple" it doesn't exist.
Yup what he said. Your options are very limited, even the refurbished are only $80 or so off. I would recommend buying off Kijiji
Old November 25, 2011, 10:06 AM
Top Prospect

+1 for Hackintosh.

Any Gigabyte board will have a DSDT file associated with it making it VERY easy. It can also be made for SUPER cheap if you use previous gen parts.

I know a "friend' who made one for less than 400. Runs the same as any apple desktop you'll find in an Apple store.
Old November 25, 2011, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hit me up our applestore sells used macs here and there (please dont flag me I will give amazing pricing)
and yes Cheap and mac Belong in the same sentence I see 25 dead apple systems to every one Asus laptop and we sell 10 more Asus laptops to every Apple.

But I personally say hit myself or any of your local resellers up we all sell low cost used macs and even include warranty, dont get scammed by Ebay on used macs we get lots of heart broken customers who bought macbooks that dont work off eBay and then eBay tells them there is nothing they can do.

(if you don't want me to post that I can Help people save money please just delete my msg HardwareCanucks don't ding me points I'm not trying to make money just save people money I'm not commissioned and just dont like people getting ripped off(apple does that enough to people))
Old November 25, 2011, 06:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

C2D Mac Mini off kijiji, hackintosh isn't worth the headache =P
Old November 29, 2011, 10:27 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I decided to just get a referbed one from Apple's store.
Old November 29, 2011, 04:28 PM

My System Specs

Their refurbs are generally fantastic. 2 out of the 3 Apple computers I've bought have been refurbs including my current 27" iMac.
Old November 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soullessone21 View Post
Hit me up our applestore sells used macs here and there (please dont flag me I will give amazing pricing)
and yes Cheap and mac Belong in the same sentence I see 25 dead apple systems to every one Asus laptop and we sell 10 more Asus laptops to every Apple.

But I personally say hit myself or any of your local resellers up we all sell low cost used macs and even include warranty, dont get scammed by Ebay on used macs we get lots of heart broken customers who bought macbooks that dont work off eBay and then eBay tells them there is nothing they can do.

(if you don't want me to post that I can Help people save money please just delete my msg HardwareCanucks don't ding me points I'm not trying to make money just save people money I'm not commissioned and just dont like people getting ripped off(apple does that enough to people))
Is CR Campbell River?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Old December 7, 2011, 09:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That it is
Old December 8, 2011, 06:36 PM
MVP
F@H

Dang. I'm on the other side of the strait. If I ever make it to the island I'll hunt down this place with cheap macs on the island :-p
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.