Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2011, 05:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Honestly me too. Anyone know what time it is supposed to be for sale @ retail stores? I am not going to buy online due as chances are there will be a 4-5 week wait like in the USA.
some says early release, stores open an hour earlier and sale starts at 9 am; some says stores open earlier, however, sales won't start till 12pm.(western at pst, eastern at est). if time is not a concern, the earlier to wait the better? I am thinking 6/7am.....

Last edited by skydealseeker; March 23, 2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old March 23, 2011, 09:18 AM

My System Specs

Best Buy website says 5PM local time. Just like it was in the USA.
Old March 24, 2011, 04:46 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Best Buy website says 5PM local time. Just like it was in the USA.
u r right. ipad 2 would be available at apple stores and BB at 5pm. guess I would be there 2 or 3 pm? first 100?
Old March 25, 2011, 06:48 AM
Allstar

My wife insisted that I get one so I got it. Only took 20 minutes in line at the Brampton Future Shop. It's the white 64G 3G.

Playing with it now...I'm so jealous...it's very cool.

CHEERS

Last edited by Mark; March 25, 2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old April 13, 2011, 02:48 PM

My System Specs

Picked up a 16GB today. I must say the screen is bloody brilliant. It looks just as sharp and vibrant as the display on my 27" iMac.
Old April 13, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I know more people at college who purchased the iPad for novelty than for practical applications.
Old April 13, 2011, 04:40 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Picked up a 16GB today. I must say the screen is bloody brilliant. It looks just as sharp and vibrant as the display on my 27" iMac.
I have one too. And I love it. I bought it originally just to play around with (a new toy if you will) and now I find myself using all the time.
Old April 13, 2011, 06:00 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3t3rson View Post
I have one too. And I love it. I bought it originally just to play around with (a new toy if you will) and now I find myself using all the time.
Any games/apps you can suggest?
Old April 13, 2011, 08:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

So I was just recently handed a original Ipad from my father. He upgraded to an ASUS Slate thing, as he was tired with the usual Apple nonsense, and wanted excel for work purposes.

To put it bluntly though ... other than reading the news this thing is useless. The amount of time I had to spend encoding TV episodes to play on the damn thing was a huge waste. iTunes is just as brutal as I remember from when I had my iPhone. As soon as I'm back in Canada this thing is going up on the chopping block. Unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Any experience with jailbreaking the ipad? Functionality wise can I get a similar experience as I do with my Android phone? I just want to be able to drag and drop files (media and documents) easily without iTunes, and be able to play mkv's. Is that too much to ask. :)
Old April 13, 2011, 08:25 PM

My System Specs

The app called Plex can stream mkvs from pc AFAIK. Vlc can too but for some reason isn't for sale in Canada. Jail breaking should be easy, shame there isn't one available for iPad 2 yet.

As for my opinions on this thing. Well I think it rocks. It is a huge step up from previous generation iPhones and iPods. Email, music, and the web browser are eleventy times better.