Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Best buy releases price listing

Please God let this not be true!

AppleInsider | Apple partner Best Buy listing 5 new MacBook Pro SKUs and price points

They kept the same price points for the Notebooks! And here I was hoping for their insanely high prices to go down with the new refresh :( Guess I'm gonna have to wait another year :/
Old February 20, 2011, 11:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

Price points are just fine for my wallet. I'll probably be grabbing a new 13" MBP w/8GB of RAM on release, depending on what they're doing with this revision.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old February 20, 2011, 11:10 AM

My System Specs

Apple never drops prices.
Old February 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

Checked around a bunch of other Mac forums - those are just placeholder prices attached to the current gen of MacBook Pros. Stores should be getting their sealed pallets of the new refreshes this week, since Thursday is the unconfirmed (yet "confirmed) release date for this lineup. Looks like I'll be shelling out another 2 grand so the wife can have the 15" video editing Macbook I have now lol.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old February 20, 2011, 01:39 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm looking at the 15" model, I currently have a 13" and it just doesn't cut it for me. It's great to browse the web and create documents and such but not for what I use it for :( Which is iPhone/iPad development
Old February 20, 2011, 01:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

The 2.4GHz Core i5 model (Current gen) should be more than enough as well, I have the base 15" model and tossed a 500GB Scorpio Black into the thing and it's just fantastic. I'm only looking switch because the wife wants to get this MBP for herself.
-Author Unknown
Old February 20, 2011, 01:49 PM

My System Specs

I hate when Apple releases updated products. I have zero need for a macbook but I know I'll feel the urge to buy one.
Old February 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I hate when Apple releases updated products. I have zero need for a macbook but I know I'll feel the urge to buy one.
I know the feeling. I miss the Macbook Air I had, however expandability played a big part in me deciding to get rid of it - I'm going to be very interested to see what Cupertino did to the 13" MBP refresh. I'm really surprised no specs have been leaked yet - rumours are still everywhere such as Apple using LightPeak and Liquid metal in the new revision - personally I don't give a rats ass, but I'd like to see the 13" Models get rid of Core 2.
-Author Unknown
Old February 20, 2011, 02:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiaz View Post
I'm looking at the 15" model, I currently have a 13" and it just doesn't cut it for me. It's great to browse the web and create documents and such but not for what I use it for :( Which is iPhone/iPad development
...why would that be? o.O
Old February 20, 2011, 03:01 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

The screen is too small, is not comfortable enough to design graphics and such

@Lowfat: Hey man that 27" iMac you have, which revision is that? Cause I'm looking on the apple.ca website and they do not include the 4850 HD instead they all come with the ATI 5750.

I know a guy selling that same model u have for $1300. What are your thoughts?