Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mac (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/)
-   -   Countdown to Christmas - Day 15 - The Big Apple (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/38908-countdown-christmas-day-15-big-apple.html)

Hardware Canucks December 15, 2010 12:01 AM

Countdown to Christmas - Day 15 - The Big Apple

Hardware Canucks is giving you a chance to win a pair of Gunnar eSport Collection Glasses and a Gaming Bundle Including Ubisoft H.A.W.X 2, Mafia II, Metro 2033 and Napoleon:Total War

Familiarize yourself with the contest details and make sure you check the Advent Calendar every day for a new surprise!

How to Play

Love them or despise them, Apple has produced some of of the most notable advancements and devices in the tech industry. It could be argued that they have been responsible for setting the course of many current tech trends.

Leave a comment in this forum thread and let us know what product(s) from Apple, interest you the most.

It's that simple, your reply is your entry :thumb:

MacJunky December 15, 2010 12:38 AM

Dual CPU MacPro. :P
but it needs more modern GFX cards... and more 5.25" bays... and more PCI-E 16x slots...
>_>

*Edit, ohey! wait a min! Who said it had to be a new thing?

Power Mac 9600 w/ 350MHz PPC604(stock)...(or a ZIF carrier holding a 500MHz PPC 750(G3) as an upgrade), 1.5GB 5v 168pin FPM DIMMs, Radeon (orig or 7000), 10/100 NIC, 20GB+ SSD on bootable SATA card... Running Mac OS 7.6.1!
smmmooookkkkkkiiiinnnn!

Not stock like that of course. :P No Radeons or G3s or SATA in 1997!

*Edit
OOORRrrrr from summer 93(with upgrades)
Macintosh Quadra 840av, 40MHz Motorola 68040(stock), 128MB 72pin SIMMs, 4MB VRAM, FWB Jackhammer(SCSI NuBus card) w/ SCSI->IDE adaptor and then an IDE->CF adaptor with 16GB 266x(or more) Compact Flash card, ethernet NuBus card.
Also running Mac OS 7.6.1!
>:D
What a mean box to run the Marathon trilogy on!! :D:D:D:D

*MoarEdit (copied from another post I made on p19)
Apple started making PDAs in 1993(I have the first model :P)
They had digital cameras, laser and inkjet printers, scanners; they even made a CD player and were dabbling in a phone/fax unit! Also had their own console out, the Pippin.

And all of this other stuff got killed by Steve Jobs when he returned. Then he was praised for the iMac(that he had no real part in designing) and the iPod..

The_LP24 December 15, 2010 12:40 AM

I think the iphone is interesting. its changed the whole wireless industry including trend. nowadays everyone wants a smartphone weather it is an iphone, android, blackberry or windows phone.

helluvagood December 15, 2010 12:43 AM

teh ipad baby yea sexy time all the way shaggy

NorthernB December 15, 2010 12:45 AM

I like the itouch. can still browse while talking on a phone :)

fraserf88 December 15, 2010 12:45 AM

The apple product that probably interests me most is the iphone. That being said I much prefer my current android phone to the iphone.

Cthulhu_meat December 15, 2010 12:49 AM

The Ipod hands down. Had an original one and loved it. I've tried other mp3 players, but its one thing where apples simplistic ui is actually enjoyable.

eskimo December 15, 2010 12:51 AM

if any apple product, it would be the ipad. then again it's cause i would be too lazy to drag out a laptop.

Lpfan4ever December 15, 2010 12:51 AM

Uhhh...crap. Let's just go with the iPhone. Yeah...

jonobro December 15, 2010 12:53 AM

Ipad, it's so sleak and thin