Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2010, 05:54 AM
Rookie

Every once in a great while, when I'm in a hurry, I forget to grab my ipod touch when I run out the door. When I do realize it, it's like I lost my arm! I cannot do without it.
Old December 15, 2010, 05:59 AM
Rookie

The Apple product that intrigues me the most is the iPhone. No matter what its shortcomings are, so many people want one. Despite poor reviews and the "do not buy" rating from Consumer Reports, even more people lined up for hours and days to get their hands on an iPhone 4 (myself included).

So far, I've owned an iPhone 2G, 3G and now an iPhone 4. I ordered the 2G from AT&T in the US and had to drive south of the border to pick it up. The 3G I was able to just walk into a Fido store and pick up without a wait or hassle. The iPhone 4, I waited in line at an Apple Store for 3 consecutive nights hoping for stock to show up. I hate to admit it, but suffice to say I am hooked.

If I can get an Android phone on the cheap (since I'm on a 3-year contract with this damned iPhone 4; 4 months down, 32 to go!), perhaps I can break the cycle. But alas, I may be too far gone, and anything different just won't be good enough.

**posted from my iPhone 4**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReCeVeR View Post
I'd go with an iphone if it wasn't for cost of the phone+dataplan adding up to a ridiculous sum!
I hate the 3-year contracts, but I'm rooted in my community so I know I'll be here beyond that time period.

The subsidized price on contract is reasonable; heck it makes a 16GB iPhone 4 cheaper than an 8GB iPod Touch. As for the monthly costs, you just have to be able to sweet talk your plan down. I used to pay $34.20+tax per month for 200mins, free e/w after 5pm, VM, CID, no text, no data. I renewed my contract for a 16GB iPhone 4 on subsidy, and now pay $47.50+tax per month for the exact same voice service, plus 2500 texts and 6GB data. A huge upgrade in service, but not so on price.
Old December 15, 2010, 06:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Still haven't picked up an ipod touch, or an ipad. I'd love to have either in my stocking this year (fat chance!)
Old December 15, 2010, 06:06 AM
Rookie

Default apple tech

ipod because its the only i have owned the old back and white one
Old December 15, 2010, 06:16 AM
Trial Member

Ipad cause it looks fantastic.
Old December 15, 2010, 06:17 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I like the iPad
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula - CPU: AMD Phenom II 955be - CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 Hydro Cooler - Video Card: XFX Radeon 5870 HD587XZNFC - Power Supply: Seasonic M12D 850W - Memory: G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Case: Coolermaster Cosmos "S" - Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - DVD Drives: Samsung SH-223C & Lite-On iHAS124
Old December 15, 2010, 06:25 AM
Rookie

Default Apple stuff

I'd like an Ipad, and an Iphone, I think I'd make good use of the WiFi,
Thanks
Old December 15, 2010, 06:27 AM
Trial Member

not an Apple fan but would like to try the IPAD!
Old December 15, 2010, 06:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photograph View Post
For me it's OS X itself that does it for me from Apple's product list. Love it or hate it, it has driven innovation and has helped force Microsoft to put out a better copied user experience. As a user of both Windows and OS X I thank Apple for giving Redmond a push here and there
Yep, I totally agree... too bad they are such control freaks and starting to go down a path that I don't like (plus, who really wants their computer to be driven by iOS????).
Old December 15, 2010, 06:32 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Definitely the iPad but I'll wait for the new iteration of it.