Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2010, 10:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default MarketWatch names Jobs CEO of the Decade

Actually considering the state Apple was in before he came back to the company, it's no surprise, and while I don't agree with all of his business practices and ideas - I can't help but think the guy deserves it.

Apple

NOW THAT YOU GOT THE TITLE FIX MY DAMN MOBILEME UPLOAD SPEEDS STEVE!
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 8, 2010, 11:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Wait he has business practices?
Old December 8, 2010, 12:01 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I actually agree with this. I mean who else has effectively hyptonized legions of consumers to buy their products regardless of quality, necessity, etc?
Old December 8, 2010, 12:46 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Agreed. There is no one on earth better at swindling people out of big $$ and leaving them wanting more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I actually agree with this. I mean who else has effectively hyptonized legions of consumers to buy their products regardless of quality, necessity, etc?
Old December 8, 2010, 12:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Thanks for the swift kick in the balls Sky
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old December 8, 2010, 01:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Neo is Jobs!!

Although he has revolutionized the company,......I still hate Apple products
Old December 8, 2010, 02:33 PM
MVP
F@H

You may hate Apple, but you have to admit, that there was a time when people wondered if Apple would even live to see the end of the decade.
Old December 8, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Was Apple "big" lets say from 2000 to 2005? I know the past 4 or 5 yrs they've been red hot but what about at the beginning of the decade. Just wondering.
Old December 8, 2010, 02:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Was Apple "big" lets say from 2000 to 2005? I know the past 4 or 5 yrs they've been red hot but what about at the beginning of the decade. Just wondering.
Between 2001-2005 they had some rough years for profitability because they were in the process of negotiating with Intel to exclusively use their processors, as well as acquiring a bunch of companies. 2005 (Mid year) hit like a ton of bricks though and stocks started climbing substantially.
-Author Unknown
Old December 8, 2010, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Well said Sky. Except if that's your criteria than I would name George W Bush CEO of the decade since the security industry has exploded since his War on Terrorism started, creating 1000s and 1000s of jobs for Joe Shmoe Americans (it's not a depression it's terrorism!) while the general public is fed the fear that fuels the purchasing of more and more scanners, cameras etc... to keep everyone safer in the skies while cramming into small corridors on the ground by the thousands and focusing on their mobile app Facebook status and waiting to get their crotch grabbed.

Just sayin

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE