Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mac (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/)
-   -   MarketWatch names Jobs CEO of the Decade (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/38723-marketwatch-names-jobs-ceo-decade.html)

Neolithium_Wpg December 8, 2010 11:37 AM

MarketWatch names Jobs CEO of the Decade

Actually considering the state Apple was in before he came back to the company, it's no surprise, and while I don't agree with all of his business practices and ideas - I can't help but think the guy deserves it.

Apple

NOW THAT YOU GOT THE TITLE FIX MY DAMN MOBILEME UPLOAD SPEEDS STEVE! :ph34r:

Arinoth December 8, 2010 12:50 PM

Wait he has business practices?

SKYMTL December 8, 2010 01:01 PM

I actually agree with this. I mean who else has effectively hyptonized legions of consumers to buy their products regardless of quality, necessity, etc?

Eldonko December 8, 2010 01:46 PM

Agreed. There is no one on earth better at swindling people out of big $$ and leaving them wanting more.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 459590)
I actually agree with this. I mean who else has effectively hyptonized legions of consumers to buy their products regardless of quality, necessity, etc?

Neolithium_Wpg December 8, 2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the swift kick in the balls Sky :thumb:

Keywork December 8, 2010 02:16 PM

Neo is Jobs!! :biggrin:

Although he has revolutionized the company,......I still hate Apple products :ph34r:

FlyingFish December 8, 2010 03:33 PM

You may hate Apple, but you have to admit, that there was a time when people wondered if Apple would even live to see the end of the decade.

crazyhorsejohnny December 8, 2010 03:36 PM

Was Apple "big" lets say from 2000 to 2005? I know the past 4 or 5 yrs they've been red hot but what about at the beginning of the decade. Just wondering.

Neolithium_Wpg December 8, 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny (Post 459682)
Was Apple "big" lets say from 2000 to 2005? I know the past 4 or 5 yrs they've been red hot but what about at the beginning of the decade. Just wondering.

Between 2001-2005 they had some rough years for profitability because they were in the process of negotiating with Intel to exclusively use their processors, as well as acquiring a bunch of companies. 2005 (Mid year) hit like a ton of bricks though and stocks started climbing substantially.

Thund3rball December 8, 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Well said Sky. Except if that's your criteria than I would name George W Bush CEO of the decade since the security industry has exploded since his War on Terrorism started, creating 1000s and 1000s of jobs for Joe Shmoe Americans (it's not a depression it's terrorism!) while the general public is fed the fear that fuels the purchasing of more and more scanners, cameras etc... to keep everyone safer in the skies while cramming into small corridors on the ground by the thousands and focusing on their mobile app Facebook status and waiting to get their crotch grabbed.

Just sayin :whistle: