Just in case someone is interested:

Free Mac anti-virus - Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac
Old November 3, 2010, 11:29 PM

My System Specs

i shall give this a try.
Old November 5, 2010, 04:47 PM
Allstar
F@H

Thanks for the link. From what I've read about it (Not much testing done yet though), I like it. It's unfortunate that Avast hasn't released their home version for Mac - at least there's something comparable to it for now instead of that crappy ClamAV.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old November 5, 2010, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

mac's don't get viruses, why would I use a program such as this?
Old November 5, 2010, 04:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

Viruses exist for OSX. But it's also nice not to become a typhoid mary for friends and family if they're using Windows based machines. think of it as the same reason behind having AV on Linux.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old November 5, 2010, 05:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

You can't really say a virus can infect a *nix system due to privileges in the system.

The only way anything can infect your system is by giving it admin credentials or being logged in as a root user.

The only files your gonna really infect if your logged in as a normal user is your files in that directory as you won't have write privileges to anything else.

Why do you think system security is a lot better and more secure than a Windows box?
Old November 6, 2010, 04:07 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
You can't really say a virus can infect a *nix system due to privileges in the system.

The only way anything can infect your system is by giving it admin credentials or being logged in as a root user.

The only files your gonna really infect if your logged in as a normal user is your files in that directory as you won't have write privileges to anything else.

Why do you think system security is a lot better and more secure than a Windows box?
...without mentioning of how relatively easy it is to manage to get anything to run in the kernel ring even with ASLR, DEP, stack protection, etc