Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
The build quality and the hardware used is second to none. That *IS* a good reason

Also, simplified, easy to use OS for all basic computer usages. Internet, Email, Photos & Videos, Music, Chat all ready to go out of the box. I guess it's not as "complicated" as Windows *can* be. Shizz usually just works too.
Lowfat summed it up...

Build quality isn't a factor. The hardware used is the same stuff I use in all my builds, and most of the other OEMs use in their builds.

Hardware failures on Macs are just as common as PC.

"Easy to use OS" is all relative. I think all OS's are easy to use. All other points can easily be said about your average PC as well.
Old July 31, 2010, 07:44 PM
Banned
F@H

i say looks and you wanting to fit in with a certain crowd?

not necessarily makes you gay, as per the above but the possibility might perhaps remotely be implied.
Old July 31, 2010, 07:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hardware wise, pretty well nothing these days outside of asthetics.

On the OS side of things.... it's a more controlled evironment and as such much less concern about programs playing nice together in the sandbox, as well as limited hardware choices which allow for (in most cases) a more stable driver base.

Is it worth the extra money? Not in my mind, but whatever fills your boots.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old July 31, 2010, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nothing.

Guts are the same as a PC.
OS is now a bastardized version of BSD

Its all about fitting mostly into a crowd now.

What do you with your computer? If you plan to game.. Windows is your only real option.
Old July 31, 2010, 09:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Nothing.

What do you with your computer? If you plan to game.. Windows is your only real option.
Being able to use Final Cut Pro & After effects for one, that are better than Adobe Premiere in my opinion...

Like I said, it depends on your NEEDS.

Plus, MacBook's unibody is sweet!

Old July 31, 2010, 09:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

People have their fetishes.

that's all I have to say

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old July 31, 2010, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Beats!
Old July 31, 2010, 10:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Nothing.

:s/bastardized/polished

I'm not going to enter (I hope) in a big discussion like all the other threads but here's a few points...

Components: same as the other parts available off the shelf/in non-apple computers

Casing: for the pros it's one nice piece of aluminum with a nice screen and awesome touchpad

OS: I will go out and say the best all around desktop OS if you know how to use it. Very nice and easy to work with GUI and what runs under the hood is one finely tuned and well coded piece of software. The kernel(s) under it are a wonder (if you know how they work of course...).

Software: Most of the software that will run on OSX (except companies like MS) will follow Apple's standards and simply won't be trash. Some will of course; avoid them. For the rest you won't be disapointed.

Gaming: There's some game but sincerely forget about the choice of game you have on that platform compared to Windows.

Virus/Malware/other craps: Forget about them for a while still. There's some but yay for signed binaries checking, and sandboxing so you can say that there's virtually none for now.
Old August 1, 2010, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, slight bias, but overall not a bad post from m1dget... whodathunkit?
Old August 1, 2010, 12:21 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
whodathunkit?
de kesser? o.O