Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2010, 05:09 PM
Top Prospect

Default Apple Care Sucks

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share this, I sent my imac in for repair about one week ago, it had 3 dead pixels, yellow tint & flickering issues.

June 13th
I dropped off my iMac at the Apple Store on June 13th. The person told me it would take 48hrs to repair
June 16th
I called Apple to see if my iMac was ready, I told them that someone had told me 48hrs, he said it usually takes 7 days (told me to wait 7 days from 13th of june)
June 20th
Waited 7 Days.. I call once again to check the status, they tell me it will be done later today or tomorrow at the most.
June 21th
I call again, the person on the phone says it will take a few more days, I told him you guys first said 48hrs, then 7 days, I've done my part, I've waited patiently.. I requested for a refurbished one or new one.. He says he will talk to administration and call me back

I am very disappointed, I have no clue why I even switched to mac, its ridiculous.. we pay premium for Apple products, and yet we can't even get decent service..

I'm going to post this everywhere... until I get my iMac back..

If you guys have any feedback on what I should do that would be great..

Last edited by Yamcha; June 21, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old June 21, 2010, 05:54 PM
F@H

My System Specs

As much as i like to bash Apple and Macs as the next guy does, it sounds like more that it was that Apple store you went to. There is one in K/W that people absolutely adore and get great service from.
Old June 21, 2010, 06:16 PM
Allstar

How long have you had it for ?
Old June 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Oh i don't own an apple product myself. I am just speaking by the word of mouth i would hear from customers when i worked at best buy about the local apple store.
Old June 21, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That is very odd.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 21, 2010, 08:07 PM

My System Specs

1-800-263-3394 Ask for customer service and speak your mind.

The first 'genius' should have told you 7-10 days. Although generally the turn around is less than 5.
Old June 21, 2010, 08:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

the apple store in fairview (montreal) is good even tho i don't own a mac i own an ipod... i brought it in and right infront of me the guy pulls out a new one exactly the same colour and im out of the store in about 5 minutes, now thats service.
Old June 22, 2010, 07:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Doesnt sound right to me. I had to ship my old macbook pro out 3 times ( angry wife) and apple care took care of everything pretty damn quick without question. like others said, it might juist be the store your dealing with. Apple care's service is what would make me get another macbook over anything else again.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect

It's probably a long time because it's a common problem with some model of Imacs. The parts could be back ordered by weeks.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Yellow tinge from bottom to top of the ...

Apple - Support - Discussions - New iMac 21.5" Yellow tinge, Screen ...

The tight integration in Macintosh products is a major selling point, and a major detriment when hardware breaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamcha View Post
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share this, I sent my imac in for repair about one week ago, it had 3 dead pixels, yellow tint & flickering issues.

June 13th
I dropped off my iMac at the Apple Store on June 13th. The person told me it would take 48hrs to repair
June 16th
I called Apple to see if my iMac was ready, I told them that someone had told me 48hrs, he said it usually takes 7 days (told me to wait 7 days from 13th of june)
June 20th
Waited 7 Days.. I call once again to check the status, they tell me it will be done later today or tomorrow at the most.
June 21th
I call again, the person on the phone says it will take a few more days, I told him you guys first said 48hrs, then 7 days, I've done my part, I've waited patiently.. I requested for a refurbished one or new one.. He says he will talk to administration and call me back

I am very disappointed, I have no clue why I even switched to mac, its ridiculous.. we pay premium for Apple products, and yet we can't even get decent service..

I'm going to post this everywhere... until I get my iMac back..

If you guys have any feedback on what I should do that would be great..
Old June 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This seems very off to me. Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of Apple at all, but the one thing they do VERY well is their customer support. Case in point, they flat out REPLACED my iPod even though it was 5 years old and almost 4 years out of warranty. I second lowfat's suggestion of calling Apple support directly as you're likely to get much better results that way.