Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23, 2010, 12:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's probably exactly what Canker said....
Old June 23, 2010, 07:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

As much as I like to hate on their kit. On the whole their customer service is excellent. Sounds like just got a bad store and / or the issue was bigger then they thought. I agree with lowfat, that first "genius" was foolish for setting your expectations so high.

Call em up, be polite yet firm and tell them exactly why you are unhappy and ask them what they can do to retain you as a Apple customer. They should have a "customer retention" dept who do have the power to comp you items and / or expedite service. Whereas the tech support dept...can only fix your kit and that's about it.

YMMV but that is what I would do! :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 23, 2010, 07:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

Applecare is definitely better once you get above the first level....I call them the pissed off customer fodder.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 23, 2010, 03:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

With my ipods (got about 5 and still on the same warranty), everytime I sent it to apple, I had it back ~2 days later. with future shop (god, I hate these) After I take it back 5 time they give my a new one. Geez, if your guys can't fix it, it's fuckin' broken... and some times they even screw it more than it already was.
Old June 23, 2010, 03:21 PM
MVP

My System Specs

honestly.. i took my macbook in ONCE cause i dropped it.. and killed the hard drive.. was back to me in 3 hours.. they even recovered my data.. never had a problem with any apple components ....
Old June 23, 2010, 06:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

THough I wouldn't own the major products , I got my Pops a Touch and it had some issues. Took them 48 hours and he had a new one. Generally speaking their CS is excellent. You probably have an issue with just the place you sent it to.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sounds like it must be your apple store specifically. I'm not an apple PC fan, but I do have an iphone. I had itunes installed on 2 computers and somehow every time I transferred stuff back and fourth it used up another one of my 5 authorizations. I sent them a support ticket at like 1:30 AM and had a reply back in less than 10 minutes telling me to reinstall both itunes and that they had cleared the 5 authorizations so I was good to go again.

I was impressed!
Old July 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've had great care with bad RAM in my Mac Pro. Had a new set in under a week.
Old July 12, 2010, 01:24 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
Applecare is definitely better once you get above the first level....I call them the pissed off customer fodder.
Thats because first level is trained piss poorely. They teach you how to use a mac and how to look up solutions on the online K-Base. I know because I was trained piss poorely and looked up solutions online before I quit.

2nd tier though, you only get there if you do well in first tier for a while. So once you get there you are guaranteed to have someone experienced.
Old July 12, 2010, 09:19 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agafaba View Post
Thats because first level is trained piss poorely. They teach you how to use a mac and how to look up solutions on the online K-Base. I know because I was trained piss poorely and looked up solutions online before I quit.

2nd tier though, you only get there if you do well in first tier for a while. So once you get there you are guaranteed to have someone experienced.
Minacs?

And that is how it is for most first line technical support.