Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2010, 01:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Eh, what? They are stable. The uselessness in your comment was, if you let me point you a few post up, when you said that your computer was more stable than the average Apple computer.

You can't prove than one is more stable than the other in the absolute.
Then why would you bring it up if not to insinuate that everything else isn't? How many advertisements do you see that say "BUY THIS CAR! IT'S GOT WHEELS!"?

Bringing up the fact that the iPad is a Apple product and therefore is "stable" is just a crap statement, period. It was pointless for you to bring it up.

Apple products are no more stable than anything else. Calm down with the pointless fanboy statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Eh, what again? Maybe I'm just really tired from coding right now and my judgement is impaired by a few beers in the process, but how do you think the 'unibody' design of the case would be affected by a removable battery? Wouldn't it break completely the sole purpose of -that- design? Yes it would.
You're right, my mistake. Don't let common sense get in the way of fashion.
Old June 17, 2010, 01:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Tell him to take out $100 bills and wipe his ass with them. At least the money will go to something practical.

The travesty of the whole situation is that he'll play with it for two weeks then set it aside for some amazingly long period of time. "Two week iPad rentals for $600! Get em' right here!"
Old June 17, 2010, 04:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

Let him buy the thing.

Here are the possible outcomes:

1. He likes it. Case closed. He earned the money for it, after all.

2. He doesn't like it. He learns that before spending hard-earned cash, you need to do your homework. He becomes a little more responsible. He then sells it locally, because the resale value is good. He comes away from the whole experience a little wiser.

Pretty simple if you ask me. This is not world-ending stuff!

Old June 17, 2010, 05:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm starting to see patterns with discussions here.

Keep it Civil, and practical.
If this behaviour and commentary keeps comming up in this thread or any other for that matter you can be promised that someone will be taking vacation from HWC.

I am tried , the staff is tired of watching the same conversations degenerate into this.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 17, 2010, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so are the members
Old June 17, 2010, 05:39 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

"Information appliance"? Is that what they're trying to push it as?

Honestly, here is what you should do:

Offer to chip in for an iPhone 4 with him...nothing much, maybe $50 and have him pay the rest which will probably end up being much less than $600. IMO, an iPhone will be much more useful for him in the long run.
Old June 17, 2010, 07:03 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
"Information appliance"? Is that what they're trying to push it as?

Honestly, here is what you should do:

Offer to chip in for an iPhone 4 with him...nothing much, maybe $50 and have him pay the rest which will probably end up being much less than $600. IMO, an iPhone will be much more useful for him in the long run.
LOL.
Yup. Apple is basically admitting that its an over-sized iphone as its not powerful enough to even be considered an underpowered Tablet PC.

"....(a) processing device such as Palm pilot, its variants, and multifunction cell phones....." Taken from businessdictionary.com

Thats a good idea Sky as atleast then he could phone someone with it...and prolly have enough left over for a PSP or Nintendo DS or etc etc etc

Glorified ipoood touch for 6 bills that you cant even easily swap out the battery in when the battery dies...or even access a good chunk of web as it uses that nasty old flash tech. Driver you should ask your borther how he expects to watch all his fav youtube videos without Flash. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; June 17, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old June 17, 2010, 07:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

+1 for the iPhone idea; if he's going to spend a few hundred bucks on something, make it a worthwhile thing to get. And since this thread is flying into the toilet at a rate faster than someone who drank the water in Mexico....I'm outta here! :P
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 17, 2010, 07:35 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I would direct him towards the iPhone 4 as well. Or at the very least, wait for a new revision of the iPad to come out if he is set on it.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 17, 2010, 08:07 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Driver you should ask your borther how he expects to watch all his fav youtube videos without Flash. ;)
iOS has a built-in Youtube app that plays videos without requiring Flash. Android does as well.