Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 04:09 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
However, you need to hack away to play xVid's and other formats.
Remotes can be purchased as an option ...
No you don't. All you need to do is install codecs for them, which is really no different than Windows.
Old June 16, 2010, 06:12 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
No you don't. All you need to do is install codecs for them, which is really no different than Windows.
Hehe thats what I meant ...

Many mac users are horrified at installing codecs.
Old June 17, 2010, 09:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
Hehe thats what I meant ...

Many mac users are horrified at installing codecs.
Not ones that have decent computer experience. There's just as many other OS users who go crosseyed when you mention codecs

I'd rather have Apple concentrate on a few other things ahead of revamping AppleTV though, like MobileMe (Still needs a bit more work on it, and I swear to God I'll have a stroke if they make it free as rumors suggest, shortly after I paid for the damn thing). I used to like the pricing of the Mini and was considering one of the wife, but by the time you add a monitor to that puppy you're already in iMac territory (price wise) provided the upcoming refresh of them doesn't significantly change the prices. Definitely like the new footprint of the thing though, and they did a nice job of keeping their OSX Server version relatively affordable for home users looking for a relatively small setup.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown