Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mac (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/)
-   -   Apple "attacks" developer after he bad-mouthed apple (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/32674-apple-attacks-developer-after-he-bad-mouthed-apple.html)

Polygon May 30, 2010 11:29 PM

Apple "attacks" developer after he bad-mouthed apple

YouTube - Apple Attacked Me and My Network For Telling the Truth, Using Safari Browser

A developer and youtube guru who started his youtube educational page, where he teaches flash, web building, and PHP among other things. He has over 3 million views and 15,000 subscribers despite only starting up in 2008. Been watching his videos since he started up, he is a really nice person - until he made this video a few weeks ago where he called out apple for trying to create monopoly in the mobile world.

Here is the video of him bad mouthing Apple.

YouTube - Geek News: Apple Fail and HTML 5 Not Replacing Flash

Now the flash based content on his websites no longer works on the safari browser, as demonstrated in his videos. However, the same flash content will still work on other websites. Only his personal network of websites are effected.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Digikid May 31, 2010 06:43 AM

Jobs is like an immature kid.....having tantrums when he is proven wrong.

gingerbee May 31, 2010 07:22 AM

apple is a fad company maybe 10 years left in them. I personal don't like apple products i don't pay for pretty.

Arinoth May 31, 2010 08:03 AM

You think this is bad look back at the abuse he put onto employees when he started his Mackintosh camp years ago

chrisk May 31, 2010 08:24 AM

Youtubes are blocked for me so I can't see his videos...this begs a couple of obvious questions:

1. Is this behaviour reproduced by other people?
2. Has an unbiased 3rd party reviewed his flash code?

This could be Apple getting back at him, or, this guy is trying to make Apple look bad and/or he is trying to get page views by creating a controversy.

Synth May 31, 2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickpolyz (Post 385002)
Now the flash based content on his websites no longer works on the safari browser, as demonstrated in his videos. However, the same flash content will still work on other websites. Only his personal network of websites are effected.

Seems pretty legit to me.

Isn't Safari not supposed to support Flash?

Jackquelegs May 31, 2010 10:58 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple changed their motto tomorrow to "War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength"

gingerbee May 31, 2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synth (Post 385113)
Isn't Safari not supposed to support Flash?

that's what i thought considering that there pushing html5 no?

Synth May 31, 2010 12:39 PM

So the guy is complaining that his Flash website doesn't fully work in a browser that doesn't support Flash..?

sswilson May 31, 2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synth (Post 385156)
So the guy is complaining that his Flash website doesn't fully work in a browser that doesn't support Flash..?

No, he's complaining that flash detected as coming from his identifiable domain doesn't work under safari, while the exact same flash file seems to work find coming from a different domain.