Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2010, 10:30 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Here we go again... (for ****'s sake)

Your claim has no value and if you want to have a clear answer just go read all the other Apple/Mac thread that exists already and started off with a remark like yours. I've/we've seen it a zillion time and we went about as many time over it as we saw it

If you want to continue with that train of thought, quote me in another thread and it will be me pleasure answering you/having a conversation with you on that exact subject.
Meh, I had something typed up but I learned long ago that when someone says "this ______ is the worst ever" its near impossible to get anywhere with them, regardless of the validity of either sides points.
Old June 9, 2010, 11:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Here we go again... (for ****'s sake)

Your claim has no value and if you want to have a clear answer just go read all the other Apple/Mac thread that exists already and started off with a remark like yours. I've/we've seen it a zillion time and we went about as many time over it as we saw it

If you want to continue with that train of thought, quote me in another thread and it will be me pleasure answering you/having a conversation with you on that exact subject.

Good to see you're still treating members with High Quality Remarks. Scale it back, or we'll be having a chat again.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 9, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Not at all. MS are evil for all the crap they injected in the computing world and their incompetence to do virtually anything good. Heck I think the only good thing they did was when they worked on the Xenix project back then... and I don't have to tell you that it wasn't a "real" MS product and why it didn't fail as much like their own OS.

Your claim has no value and if you want to have a clear answer just go read all the other [PC] thread that exists already and started off with a remark like yours. I've/we've seen it a zillion time and we went about as many time over it as we saw it

Old June 9, 2010, 02:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?
There, now that I've said my peace, Windows doesn't "suck", neither does OSX and neither do (most) distributions of *nix; they all have their damn places. Microsoft has stupid policies, so does Apple, so do most software companies if you bother reading their EULA's.

I'm getting a Macbook along with a new iPhone on one of the weekends off (that I'm not at the strippers that is), mainly for the fact I want to tinker around with iPhone development, and the SDK is only available for OSX. Is it the worlds most superduperfastninja computer? Nope. Is it expensive? Yeah, but its also a hell of a lot less of a pain in the *** than tracking down a notebook which can be turned into a simply working hackintosh without dicking around with 10,000 attempts with kexthelper. Besides, I want to play around with something different for the time being, I've spent countless hours with Linux, BSD and Windows - I just feel like switching to the other side. I own an iPhone, gonna be buying some of their computers, am I going to call Windows users a bunch of card carrying morons? No, cause I'll install Windows on the damn thing too.

Mac fanboys can go way too far with their biased BS, but in the same note so can Windows users, and the same is true for some Linux fans as well (If you spend more than 10 minutes in a Linux forum you'll see that from so many users, even those who don't know what the hell sudo is) God this damn war is annoying as all hell, and I'm sorry m1dget, as much as you love waving the Apple and BSD flag, you gotta cool your jets. Almost every post ends up pissing people off because you attempt to prove your opinions are law - when they are not, they're just damn opinions. It would be better to try a different approach if you're hoping to switch peoples opinions on using either Macs or BSD - even Mac forums I've been reading on, have people that are die hard fans that don't attempt to do nothing but insult another operating system.

BAH, end rant. Now I need a freakin Heineken after finally getting this off my chest.
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 9, 2010, 09:20 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
and I'm sorry m1dget, as much as you love waving the Apple and BSD flag, you gotta cool your jets. Almost every post ends up pissing people off because you attempt to prove your opinions are law - when they are not, they're just damn opinions. It would be better to try a different approach if you're hoping to switch peoples opinions on using either Macs or BSD - even Mac forums I've been reading on, have people that are die hard fans that don't attempt to do nothing but insult another operating system.

BAH, end rant. Now I need a freakin Heineken after finally getting this off my chest.
Well I'm going to take 5 minutes of my time here to explain something to you or anyone pissed at me:

As much as I enjoy having conversations with you guys and as ironic that it may seem, I'm getting pretty tired and annoyed by all of this.

Everything I write here are purely opinions, but again most of the BSD/Linux/Security conversation that I write and reply in I back my claim with technical manuals and books, I don't just go on on something I don't know well or that I haven't learned from a 'good' source.
Here's a thing virtually nobody knows of me else than the guys I work with: I'm an obsessive compulsive (as in OCPD) and one of the 'nicer' symptom I have from that is a compulsion to understand everything perfectly and to the smallest of details so when you see me arguing over something like it's a "law", well it's usually a principle or a subject I learned and dissected to it's most complex form from reading and understanding a few thousand pages of technical documentation on the subject. I usually can't even sleep for days if I don't understand something to perfection.
If you or anyone else want to think otherwise by skeptism over my claims, well free to you to think like that, I can't do anything about it.
A thing is sure is that I won't back down from my opinions, because I never argue about something I don't understand perfectly.

That said and on a more personal note, Neo, beleive me I don't even remotely want people to switch to whatever else platform than what they are and for a simple reason: I'm not in front of their desk using their computer and I sincerely don't give a damn of what they use. Sure in my honest opinion I'm still going to think that windows is crap and won't use it else than for gaming, but why would I even remotely care about someone else's choice of OS? I often comment on it, yes, but care? No.

Also, for the last time, even if some of you seems to think so, I'm not a fanboy of anything. My choice are backed up by logical and rational explanation and documentation and if you think otherwise, well the only thing I can tell anyone is to read again 2 paragraphs up.

On that I'm done arguing uselessly with anyone who just seek to piss me off to compensate with a lack of knowledge or who is reacting irrationally because he's caught in a net of illusions over a specific subject in any thread (and I'm not talking about you Neo).

Btw ST, PM sent.

Last edited by m1dget; June 9, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old June 9, 2010, 09:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
(and I'm not talking about you Neo).
Never would have assumed that anyway
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old June 9, 2010, 09:36 PM
Banned

This thread has lived for its purposes. Just let it die.
Old June 9, 2010, 10:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Well I'm going to take 5 minutes of my time here to explain something to you or anyone pissed at me:

As much as I enjoy having conversations with you guys and as ironic that it may seem, I'm getting pretty tired and annoyed by all of this.

Everything I write here are purely opinions, but again most of the BSD/Linux/Security conversation that I write and reply in I back my claim with technical manuals and books, I don't just go on on something I don't know well or that I haven't learned from a 'good' source.
Here's a thing virtually nobody knows of me else than the guys I work with: I'm an obsessive compulsive (as in OCPD) and one of the 'nicer' symptom I have from that is a compulsion to understand everything perfectly and to the smallest of details so when you see me arguing over something like it's a "law", well it's usually a principle or a subject I learned and dissected to it's most complex form from reading and understanding a few thousand pages of technical documentation on the subject. I usually can't even sleep for days if I don't understand something to perfection.
If you or anyone else want to think otherwise by skeptism over my claims, well free to you to think like that, I can't do anything about it.
A thing is sure is that I won't back down from my opinions, because I never argue about something I don't understand perfectly.

That said and on a more personal note, Neo, beleive me I don't even remotely want people to switch to whatever else platform than what they are and for a simple reason: I'm not in front of their desk using their computer and I sincerely don't give a damn of what they use. Sure in my honest opinion I'm still going to think that windows is crap and won't use it else than for gaming, but why would I even remotely care about someone else's choice of OS? I often comment on it, yes, but care? No.

Also, for the last time, even if some of you seems to think so, I'm not a fanboy of anything. My choice are backed up by logical and rational explanation and documentation and if you think otherwise, well the only thing I can tell anyone is to read again 2 paragraphs up.

On that I'm done arguing uselessly with anyone who just seek to piss me off to compensate with a lack of knowledge or who is reacting irrationally because he's caught in a net of illusions over a specific subject in any thread (and I'm not talking about you Neo).

Btw ST, PM sent.
So ive been a pretty quiet lurker on this thread. Somewhat like an observant judge watching people battle it out in a courtroom. So far it seems as if you've got outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted by almost everybody on here. You've obviously pissed of many people including the admins which is a very dumb decision. Obviously, this is a PC ENTHUSIAST site revolving around PC USERS and not MACINTOSH FANBOYS such as yourself. You deny it, but from what Ive seen you are. There is no reason for you to keep trying to defend yourself because no matter what you are trying to prove this hole you are digging is going to reach China real fast. Itll be very hard to get back out of. Do us a favor and take it to the mac forums about how you got served on a PC site and how Steve Handjobbs didnt back you up.

/nailincoffin
Old June 9, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow what a mess.

Just gonna further say that apple has great warranty. My brother dropped his phone in snow and a truck ran over it. It was completely wet and the screen underneath the glass was damaged although the glass was fine. Apple replaced the phone in less than 20 minutes.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 9, 2010, 10:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, this thread went to hell in a handcart in a hurry.

I'm closing it. And the next time I see members flinging shit at each other, I won't just hand out warnings. Y'all will be taking little vacations from the board.
Closed Thread