Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2010, 10:01 AM
Banned
F@H

nice. bro played with one for a little while, so far no hate .
Old May 29, 2010, 10:20 AM

My System Specs

I went to go buy a 16GB 3G today. But alas everywhere was OOS.
Old May 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well a couple more things to point out.

First is I wish I got the 32 GB version for a hundred more but it is already too expensive. The thing I didn't account for is when you copy videos over it copies the "HD" version so takes up a lot of space.

Next is when I am at my computer at home I am using my iPad to type on MSN/Facebook chat (I think I might get skpe as well). Then using my computer for other things.
Using IM+ is a great way to keep in contact with friends. Plus you can record messages, send photos, and send your location. The location is dam accurate despite it only being now 3G.

I am loving the web experience on the iPad. Wish flash was supported :( though.

Well give my thoughts as time goes on. Then will do an unprofessional review later down the road.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 29, 2010, 07:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm just too cheap. I want an iPhone 4G before heading to BMQ...
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old May 29, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Played with it in the USA when it was released. I played with it when it was released in Canada. Somehow both times I ended up getting the buggy one both times where the screen wouldn't auto-rotate. That and the keyboard was missing keys like ^, %, etc.

Btw, at the store I went to, only the 64GB versions were left. Oh, I also overheard some Apple employee trying to sell a Macbook Pro to a customer. He sounded fairly nice and honest but at the same time was pushing the customer to buy the more expensive version.
Old May 30, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Played with it in the USA when it was released. I played with it when it was released in Canada. Somehow both times I ended up getting the buggy one both times where the screen wouldn't auto-rotate. That and the keyboard was missing keys like ^, %, etc.

Btw, at the store I went to, only the 64GB versions were left. Oh, I also overheard some Apple employee trying to sell a Macbook Pro to a customer. He sounded fairly nice and honest but at the same time was pushing the customer to buy the more expensive version.
Of course he would push the more expensive one. That is how they make money
Old August 3, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well now that the iPad has been out for a long time and I have finally have all the accessories that I would want I think I could do a little mini too lazy unprofessional review.

I love my iPad. I use it everyday. Some days I use it for several hours some days only minutes. I use it mostly for watching movies, web browsing, and playing games. My family and I went on a vacation last weekend up to the Ottawa River to a place called Wilderness Tours. So it was a pretty long drive. I would watch movies/tv shows with my brother. We also played some games like chess and lux deluxe (kind of like risk but better cause of more maps). So it lasted the way up and I charged it when we got there. So during the vacation I pretty much only used it at night to read and play a few games with my brother. We had a lot of fun with it. Sadly there were no outlets in the cabin that we stayed at so it ran out of battery :(. After the vacation and on the long boring drive home I charged it in the truck and then my brother and I continued to use it. So the iPad served very well in keeping us entertained.

So I just want to say the iPad is a great device to use when you have a long commute. I car pool to work and take it with me every day. Currently going through all of Star Gate SG1 again. When I get home I usually don't use it. But one time I was very sick and couldn't make it to the computer room downstairs and I mostly played on the iPad when I was sick.

So my conclusion is the iPad is a great device for a few purposes. Though some days I wish I would have put that money on a laptop.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old August 3, 2010, 08:02 PM
MVP

Well.....is there not a solar charger kit for it? I could have swore that I saw one somewhere.....

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken
Old August 4, 2010, 03:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think it would probably get stolen. Besides it was a vacation and not suppose to use my gadgets too much. There were also a lot of pretty girls.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old August 4, 2010, 11:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

I tried the iPad at the downtown San Francisco Apple store a few days ago.

The verdict: I just couldn't comfortably hold the thing. It's just feels odd in the hands.

But it is rather snappy!