Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2010, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Apple hosts their own forum, but the people using it are retards. I presume the Microsoft run forum is similar?
Yes most of them. Although there are some good people there.

If you want a good mac forum go to Canada's Mac, iPod, iPhone and Apple TV Community!

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 20, 2010, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yea, I remember ehMac. :P
Old May 20, 2010, 12:36 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
The avg. computer user who barely knows how to use their computer will know how to find an Apple forum? I know some people who are these types and they'd be hard pressed to find a PC forum to ask such questions.
LOL - re-read your post, find the irony in there.

PS. I bolded it (the irony) just in case

Old May 20, 2010, 12:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post

No I'm not contradicting myself with that one and yes it's easy to fix a Mac -if you know what you are doing-... which didn't look like your case.
Actually I know exactly what I am doing having built plenty of PCs. My point was that the HSF on the G5 was encased in this metal shroud that you either a) need some special tool to get off or b) literally break it off. Not very "easy" imo. The shroud serves ZERO purpose other than to a) make you buy a tool (i.e. spend more on Apple) b) make you break the thing off or c) make you spend gobs of money for some pimple faced smartass at the Apple shop to take it off (i.e. Spend more on Apple).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
A G5 isn't a Mac Pro. The interior is a lot different.

Yes I know I have both. Actually I have a G4 too. The G3 however is long gone now, lol.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 20, 2010, 01:09 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post

Yes I know I have both. Actually I have a G4 too. The G3 however is long gone now, lol.
The G5 was pretty poor though. When I worked for AppleCare all the demo G5's we had (maybe 5) all of them had broken shrouds
Old May 20, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
The G5 was pretty poor though. When I worked for AppleCare all the demo G5's we had (maybe 5) all of them had broken shrouds
Lol

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old May 20, 2010, 02:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Well, building an OS around a hardware platform is stupid. Hardware changes. Apple knows this. They went from Motorola 680x0 processors, to PPC, and now to evil Intel.

Unless of course you mean superficially, but I don't see how they do this any more than anyone else then.
I don't have much time to reply to anything right now... but you got it the other way around.

Apple build the hardware around the OS and not the OS around the hardware.

I know that when I quoted you I didn't see that you did a mistake and didn't correct it, but my first post about it (way higher) is right.
Old May 24, 2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Hard to believe but I figured out how the prices work on the Macs in a dream. Weird I know.

First off.....The panels. Mac uses IPS panels in their PC's. Those are pretty pricey panels. That alone would make the price JUMP.
Secondly.....the designs of the macs do not come cheap. Take the iMac for example ( the new ones ) with the unibody frames. They may be aluminum but the carving of the frames must be a little pricey as well.

Now this is mostly about the iMacs.....still think that they need to price down the Mini's a bit ( $499 would be acceptable ) and the laptops as well ( I do not know if they use IPS on a laptop or not ).

Damn you Midget!!! You got me wanting an iMac 21.5!!!!! You will BURN for this!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Last edited by Digikid; May 24, 2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old May 24, 2010, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No one is claiming the iMacs are expensive. Just their laptops.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 24, 2010, 09:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
No one is claiming the iMacs are expensive. Just their laptops.
They are, I believe they use IPS panels in the larger MacBooks(I know that my little 13" isn't so good screenwise, no better than my old $850 Dell at any rate). The one thing that a lot of people tend to ignore, for MOST manufacturers, any laptop not 15.6" or larger is generally a premium line. Look at the Sony Vaios, they get more expensive the smaller you take them.

Now, that doesn't totally excuse the price but frankly, we KNOW that Apple enjoys taking a large margin on their sales. Always have, always will. At least they're pretty