Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2010, 04:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

MacPorts -> ntfs-3g -> install -> backup all the stuff you want -> the end

Sure it's slow but it's the best bet you have.

Also, stop overreacting to everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
See.... that's the difference between the X86 and Apple hardware/software model. Apple is a closed system for just this reason.... if it was a licensed product it wouldn't have crashed the OS.... ;)

Not taking sides on the matter, but there are benefits to both models.
I hope you are not talking closed as in closed source... because all the macports and OSX source code available is not agreeing at all with you

And if you are talking about closed as in they do not officially recognized a piece of software because it's, well, not official... it's probably just shit and Apple have standards.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Also, stop overreacting to everything.
Clarify before I bash that...rude...comment.
Old May 31, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Ok I can relate this to footwear easily... Macintosh is like a good pair of 200 dollar nike air jordans, they are pretty and come in many different fashionable styles and colors

PC is like sandals an tube socks, waymore comfortable and the fashion sense is priceless
Old May 31, 2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusD View Post
Ok I can relate this to footwear easily... Macintosh is like a good pair of 200 dollar nike air jordans, they are pretty and come in many different fashionable styles and colors

PC is like sandals an tube socks, waymore comfortable and the fashion sense is priceless

LOL!! That is a very...unique analogy.
Old February 14, 2011, 04:08 PM
Rookie

Although I've never actually owned a Mac, I've fooled around with my friends Mac Books, and I definitely want one. I've actually always wanted one. Even though they are expensive, it's well worth the money. There are virtually no virus' with macs, and they're more pointed towards art design, or professional people. And it also depends on what you want to do with your computer.

In the past 3 years, I've gone through 4 computers. (3 of them being Dell PC's 2 of them have had problems consistantly) And the one I use now is an HP all in one, which I've had no problem with. My next purchase is definitely going to be a Mac.
Old February 14, 2011, 05:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

all i am going to say is your buying dell and thats your pc point of view i would not like them too if all i had was a few hell boxes to base my decision on just pointing that out ( my moms pc is going on 4 years not one problem )
Old February 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
all i am going to say is your buying dell and thats your pc point of view i would not like them too if all i had was a few hell boxes to base my decision on just pointing that out ( my moms pc is going on 4 years not one problem )
Oh, I know completely what's wrong with the 2 laptops that don't work. It's just a matter of having the money to fix them. One of the downsides of PC's.. they don't always use things that are compatible with one another, unlike Macs
Old February 14, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

macs aren't for professionals.. its just become that you can't be professional without having a iphone, ipod and ipad strapped to your hip.

And to say macs are better for audio and graphics is garbage. The only difference between a mac and pc is that a mac has software that idiots can use to do that stuff.
Old February 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Rookie

I wouldn't say that.

Anywyas, to each their own. I'm a fan of Macs, but I'm not an apple drone.
Old February 14, 2011, 06:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
macs aren't for professionals.. its just become that you can't be professional without having a iphone, ipod and ipad strapped to your hip.

And to say macs are better for audio and graphics is garbage. The only difference between a mac and pc is that a mac has software that idiots can use to do that stuff.
While I'm no professional in photography, digital arts, webdesign, or video editing I have dabbled in these fields, and I also know many friends in these fields. Most are actually PC users, a minority are mac users. Both systems work pretty much equal (depending on how you look at it) for "artistic" stuff. With the exception of final cut pro on mac only; but then again I myself have used it and IMO it is just overated because apple users probably want something to brag about There are many alternatives.

I have no idea where this "macs are better for artsy stuff" propaganda came from... probably because most mac users are relentless hipsters