Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Apple should support flash, but they don't. So since apple is not supporting flash then it would be foolish to not support HTML5 as you want your content to be viewable by the number 1 mobile browser in the US and soon to be number one world wide. HTML5 will replace Flash it is just a matter of time. Flash will not stay here forever. I wish Apple allowed flash on their phone but that doesn't look like it will ever happen else Steve dies.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 8, 2010, 10:07 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
I agree on the fact that it's not 'open', but still it's not entirely closed like a big fat proprietary system.
Perhaps OSX isn't, but iPhone OS certainly is. Compare that to Android, which is a completely open platform.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:37 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpolyz View Post

Imagine how much Photoshop dominates the market of photo editing and how pretty much anyone who edits photos uses Photoshop. Now imagine how foolish it would be to say that Photoshop is going to get kicked in the nuts by some other platform that is still in baby stages and that we don't even know much about or how it will work. As you should see by now, it's not a very smart comment to be making.
But Photoshop isn't inefficient like Flash is. For a mobile device flash devours processor cycles and kills battery life.

Quote:
Meh, to me it looks mostly like Apple doesn't want Flash because it doesn't run well on their platforms, so they are trying to find alternatives rather than try fixing the problem.
Adobe should be fixing the problem. Flash runs like crap on all platforms.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:47 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Meh, to me it looks mostly like Apple doesn't want Flash because it doesn't run well on their platforms, so they are trying to find alternatives rather than try fixing the problem. Just standard douchebaggery on Apples part. Doubt it will ever replace Flash though. For the average user we will never need to replace Flash for something that currently is 100 times worse, and developers really like Flash, so it would be hard to make them flock to another system which I'm not entirely sure how it works - if it works well or not - just because of some whiny Apple users.
Up to now you are the one here making the least sense among everybody in this thread.

ADOBE has to fix -their- damn problems... I'm not whining for nothing about flash. Adobe are just plain bad at what they do. When the technology itself sucks, you can't improve it by coding better!

And don't put Apple's coder skills into this discussion, they are nearly genius at what they do.

Also it's not because some "whiny" apple user want it dead that it should be dead, that technology is just plain retarded for what it is right now. It must die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
But Photoshop isn't inefficient like Flash is. For a mobile device flash devours processor cycles and kills battery life.

Adobe should be fixing the problem. Flash runs like crap on all platforms.
Thank you. Finally I see hope in this thread.

Last edited by m1dget; May 8, 2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old May 15, 2010, 10:03 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

A little update.

Backstory:
flashbuilding is one of most highly regarded gurus on Flash, Fireworks, PHP, etc. Have watched his videos since he started up. Really nice guy.

YouTube - Geek News: Apple Fail and HTML 5 Not Replacing Flash

links:

Update: Adobe CEO Responds to Jobs, Says Mac OS X Crashes is Apple?s Fault (video)

Adobe Posts Open Letter and Launches 'We Love Apple' Ad Campaign

Hulu Updates Player; No Plans for HTML5 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
Old May 16, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Man you got to like that guy. He calls it as he sees it and doesn't pull his punches. Good fink nickpolyz, I don't really like youtube (way to much shite) but that was worth watching....plus I roflol'ed at the "Apple IFags" comment.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr