Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2010, 06:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Hehe...

Predictable outcome for the courrier project from our dear friend at Redmond

Slashdot Hardware Story | Microsoft's Touted iPad Rival Courier Becomes Less Than Vapor

Rest In Lulz courier... rest in lulz
Old April 29, 2010, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Must've took sides with about 99% of knowledgeable consumers and realized that tablet PC's are an all around stupid idea
Old April 29, 2010, 07:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
Must've took sides with about 99% of knowledgeable consumers and realized that tablet PC's are an all around stupid idea
...or just saw that there was no way to make a dent in the market with their usual incompetence at doing virtually anything
Old April 29, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
...or just saw that there was no way to make a dent in the market with their usual incompetence at doing virtually anything

Tablet PCs are a niche of a niche. If MS didnt see it worth their time...there prolly isnt that big of a market for it right now.
Love them or hate them. You have to respect their business sense....even if they are vicious competitors. They have no probs dropping a BUNDLE of cash now IF it means in a couple years they will own a new market niche then.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 29, 2010, 07:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Tablet PCs are a niche of a niche. If MS didnt see it worth their time...there prolly isnt that big of a market for it right now.
Love them or hate them. You have to respect their business sense....even if they are vicious competitors. They have no probs dropping a BUNDLE of cash now IF it means in a couple years they will own a new market niche then.
Being a consumer I hate about whatever they do, but believe me being a developer I nearly worship their business model and how intelligent those guys are to make people need them. I think it's the only -good- side of MS.

I don't use a business model like that one being a smaller company, but you got to recognize genius when you see it
Old April 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

damn... i would like to buy that neat machine...

but i am curious what about ms's next plan... [ Microsoft Cancels Innovative Courier Tablet Project - Tablets - Gizmodo ]
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old April 29, 2010, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
Yes their incompetence is what brought them to own 90% of the market share.

Oh and ya Microsoft is such an evil company that they give away tons of money each year to charities. Apple gives $0.00 each year to charities and has been nominated as the least generous company.

Apple has become worse than Microsoft. I wouldn't buy their stuff but they make some really great products.

So don't go hating on Microsoft while saying Apple is an angel.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 29, 2010, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

Oh and ya Microsoft is such an evil company that they give away tons of money each year to charities. Apple gives $0.00 each year to charities and has been nominated as the least generous company.

Apple has become worse than Microsoft. I wouldn't buy their stuff but they make some really great products.

Nicely Put
Old April 30, 2010, 12:30 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

1) They are incompetent... you can get past that fact (search for MS leaked code and laugh)

2) Basing your judgement of a company on donation to charities? So you are one of the people that would think that a company is "good" by seeing them buying carbon offsets? It's like thinking that a company pouring toxic waste into a lake BUT giving money to a soup kitchen is -somehow- good. Non-sense.

3) It's a company, why the -hell- would they have to give money to charities. If employees want to give their own personal money to charity organisations, let them do so but never expect a company to do so. If they do imo it's just for the image and make a few percentage of the typical retarded North American buyer feel better about buying their products. Again, non-sense.

4) I have all the reasons to hate MS and non to hate apple from -my point of view-. From a software guys pov, they are using a damn *BSD kernel which is about the best thing they can use, they got 95% of their stuff open source, they code effin well, their GUI is awesome, you can compile about anything posix on it, they are perfectionnist and don't try to make everybody happy at the same time with their stuff which give you a real product and not a mashup of ****, their libraries and sdk are godlike even for nubcakes (see cocoa), they think outside the box and are always WAY before everybody else in about everything they do and the most important is that they have effin STANDARDS which 90% of the company lacks today.

MS on the other hands has about 0 of the above making everything they do laughable.
Old April 30, 2010, 04:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The fact of the matter is MS got where they were by being BETTER then the competition. In the Sever world Novel was king and MS was the upstart. MS simply out innovated them into oblivion. Same with earlier IE, IE was late to the party and was better then the last netscape version (that killed em and made it the LAST version). Have they slowed down and gotten more conservative...yup. Do they do nasty things to KEEP their lead....yup. But the fact of the matter is A) Apple is way to damn expensive on the hardware to ever be serious competition for the majority of the world B) apple has to code for an extremely small group of hardware so OF COURSE it is going to be easier and better C) MS works on so much hardware that all they can do is do "jack of all trades, master of none" level programming lest they break older hardware compatibility (whereas Apple has no probs giving older users the middle finger) D) *nix is not ready for prime time and probably never will be. It may be based on a better model, but its to little to late. E) YMMV on the GUI. I think the Apple interface is too Fisher Price for me, and you can forget about getting under the hood via the GUI. Its made brain dead simple and that is the crux of its success with peeps and why Business dont and cant take it seriously.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; April 30, 2010 at 05:12 AM.