Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mac (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/)
-   -   Hehe... (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/31547-hehe.html)

m1dget April 29, 2010 07:34 PM

Hehe...
 
Predictable outcome for the courrier project from our dear friend at Redmond :haha:

Slashdot Hardware Story | Microsoft's Touted iPad Rival Courier Becomes Less Than Vapor :thumb:


Rest In Lulz courier... rest in lulz :whistle:

Jake_HT April 29, 2010 08:07 PM

Must've took sides with about 99% of knowledgeable consumers and realized that tablet PC's are an all around stupid idea http://smiliesftw.com/x/dunno.gif

m1dget April 29, 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake_HT (Post 370622)
Must've took sides with about 99% of knowledgeable consumers and realized that tablet PC's are an all around stupid idea http://smiliesftw.com/x/dunno.gif

...or just saw that there was no way to make a dent in the market with their usual incompetence at doing virtually anything :doh:

AkG April 29, 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1dget (Post 370624)
...or just saw that there was no way to make a dent in the market with their usual incompetence at doing virtually anything :doh:


Tablet PCs are a niche of a niche. If MS didnt see it worth their time...there prolly isnt that big of a market for it right now.
Love them or hate them. You have to respect their business sense....even if they are vicious competitors. They have no probs dropping a BUNDLE of cash now IF it means in a couple years they will own a new market niche then.

m1dget April 29, 2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 370650)
Tablet PCs are a niche of a niche. If MS didnt see it worth their time...there prolly isnt that big of a market for it right now.
Love them or hate them. You have to respect their business sense....even if they are vicious competitors. They have no probs dropping a BUNDLE of cash now IF it means in a couple years they will own a new market niche then.

Being a consumer I hate about whatever they do, but believe me being a developer I nearly worship their business model and how intelligent those guys are to make people need them. I think it's the only -good- side of MS.

I don't use a business model like that one being a smaller company, but you got to recognize genius when you see it :bleh:

CTA April 29, 2010 09:53 PM

damn... i would like to buy that neat machine...

but i am curious what about ms's next plan... [ Microsoft Cancels Innovative Courier Tablet Project - Tablets - Gizmodo ]

belgolas April 29, 2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1dget (Post 370624)
...or just saw that there was no way to make a dent in the market with their usual incompetence at doing virtually anything :doh:

Yes their incompetence is what brought them to own 90% of the market share.

Oh and ya Microsoft is such an evil company that they give away tons of money each year to charities. Apple gives $0.00 each year to charities and has been nominated as the least generous company.

Apple has become worse than Microsoft. I wouldn't buy their stuff but they make some really great products.

So don't go hating on Microsoft while saying Apple is an angel.

lcdguy April 29, 2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 370684)
Yes their incompetence is what brought them to own 90% of the market share.

Oh and ya Microsoft is such an evil company that they give away tons of money each year to charities. Apple gives $0.00 each year to charities and has been nominated as the least generous company.

Apple has become worse than Microsoft. I wouldn't buy their stuff but they make some really great products.

So don't go hating on Microsoft while saying Apple is an angel.

Nicely Put :thumb:

m1dget April 30, 2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belgolas (Post 370684)
Yes their incompetence is what brought them to own 90% of the market share.

Oh and ya Microsoft is such an evil company that they give away tons of money each year to charities. Apple gives $0.00 each year to charities and has been nominated as the least generous company.

Apple has become worse than Microsoft. I wouldn't buy their stuff but they make some really great products.

So don't go hating on Microsoft while saying Apple is an angel.

1) They are incompetent... you can get past that fact (search for MS leaked code and laugh)

2) Basing your judgement of a company on donation to charities? So you are one of the people that would think that a company is "good" by seeing them buying carbon offsets? It's like thinking that a company pouring toxic waste into a lake BUT giving money to a soup kitchen is -somehow- good. Non-sense.

3) It's a company, why the -hell- would they have to give money to charities. If employees want to give their own personal money to charity organisations, let them do so but never expect a company to do so. If they do imo it's just for the image and make a few percentage of the typical retarded North American buyer feel better about buying their products. Again, non-sense.

4) I have all the reasons to hate MS and non to hate apple from -my point of view-. From a software guys pov, they are using a damn *BSD kernel which is about the best thing they can use, they got 95% of their stuff open source, they code effin well, their GUI is awesome, you can compile about anything posix on it, they are perfectionnist and don't try to make everybody happy at the same time with their stuff which give you a real product and not a mashup of ****, their libraries and sdk are godlike even for nubcakes (see cocoa), they think outside the box and are always WAY before everybody else in about everything they do and the most important is that they have effin STANDARDS which 90% of the company lacks today.

MS on the other hands has about 0 of the above making everything they do laughable.:dots:

AkG April 30, 2010 05:54 AM

The fact of the matter is MS got where they were by being BETTER then the competition. In the Sever world Novel was king and MS was the upstart. MS simply out innovated them into oblivion. Same with earlier IE, IE was late to the party and was better then the last netscape version (that killed em and made it the LAST version). Have they slowed down and gotten more conservative...yup. Do they do nasty things to KEEP their lead....yup. But the fact of the matter is A) Apple is way to damn expensive on the hardware to ever be serious competition for the majority of the world B) apple has to code for an extremely small group of hardware so OF COURSE it is going to be easier and better C) MS works on so much hardware that all they can do is do "jack of all trades, master of none" level programming lest they break older hardware compatibility (whereas Apple has no probs giving older users the middle finger) D) *nix is not ready for prime time and probably never will be. It may be based on a better model, but its to little to late. E) YMMV on the GUI. I think the Apple interface is too Fisher Price for me, and you can forget about getting under the hood via the GUI. Its made brain dead simple and that is the crux of its success with peeps and why Business dont and cant take it seriously.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:55 AM.