Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Mac (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/)
-   -   new Macbook Pro lineup (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/mac/30974-new-macbook-pro-lineup.html)

m1dget April 13, 2010 04:15 PM

new Macbook Pro lineup

Apple - MacBook Pro - Meet the new MacBook Pro family.

Interesting to see that they added some extra power for the ones that either really needs it or wants it.

Still useless for everyday use, but they are the same price, the battery life is still pretty damn high for a quad and now for a while people will stop whining about apple not having the latest hardware and blablablazzzZZZ :doh:

Arinoth April 13, 2010 04:18 PM

I looked over the tech specs and how come none of them have USB 3.0. Would figure that would be something they'd throw on at least the 17"

MrDiaz April 13, 2010 04:24 PM

Overpriced little things! :p

m1dget April 13, 2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 363140)
I looked over the tech specs and how come none of them have USB 3.0. Would figure that would be something they'd throw on at least the 17"

Far from being needed by "commun des mortels" (needs translation).

Arinoth April 13, 2010 04:27 PM

This may be true but apple normally at least launches their highest end one with those extra bells and whistles.

m1dget April 13, 2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDiaz (Post 363145)
Overpriced little things! :p

Well it's the 'same old same old' but with faster hardware. They have a pretty well built clientele around their product and I don't have to tell you that they won't change anything to it. :)

m1dget April 13, 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 363149)
This may be true but apple normally at least launches their highest end one with those extra bells and whistles.

Yes, but 3.0 is simply useless. They will put what they want you to use or what they really know their customer will use. You have to 'drive' the market to a certain point and tell people what they want especially when your average customer don't know jack squat about anything in computers.

On the other hand you have the developers and coders who knows exactly what they want but that's the few remaining percent of their market share.

Thund3rball April 13, 2010 04:32 PM

A needed update to be sure. USB 3.0 would have been a good move but maybe they have another redesign scheduled already and will tout 3.0 as a groundbreaking new feature in it.

Signal2Noise April 13, 2010 04:44 PM

No Bluray. No HDMI.

It's still hard to justify the price on those notebooks, imo.

Zero82z April 13, 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 363140)

None of Intel's chipsets have USB 3.0 support.
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1dget (Post 363147)
Far from being needed by "commun des mortels" (needs translation).

Common mortals...