Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Much needed update, but still targeted at fanboys.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:22 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
None of Intel's chipsets have USB 3.0 support.

Common mortals...
Nice one (didn't think of that) and thank you for the translation.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Much needed update, but still targeted at fanboys.
To quote myself above.

"They will put what they want you to use or what they really know their customer will use. You have to 'drive' the market to a certain point and tell people what they want especially when your average customer don't know jack squat about anything in computers.

On the other hand you have the developers and coders who knows exactly what they want but that's the few remaining percent of their market share.
"

That should answer pretty much what you just said.
Old April 13, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This was a much needed upgrade but I still think their high end computers are well over priced. Same with high end dell's though.

No USB 3, they don't need HDMI as they can just sell you an adapter for display port. No blueray support either which is very odd because one of Mac's features is better media. Their GPU's still suck. Stupid that you have to pay a lot more to get a anti glare screen.

By far biggest fail is their 13" macbook pros as they are still C2D. If you are spending over a grand you better get at least Core i5.

Although they do have very good battery life. Overall I am unimpressed. I think Apple is slipping probably because they are in so many markets.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old April 13, 2010, 05:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

I find myself strangely attracted to the 15" MBP....
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old April 13, 2010, 06:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
This was a much needed upgrade but I still think their high end computers are well over priced. Same with high end dell's though.

No USB 3, they don't need HDMI as they can just sell you an adapter for display port. No blueray support either which is very odd because one of Mac's features is better media. Their GPU's still suck. Stupid that you have to pay a lot more to get a anti glare screen.

By far biggest fail is their 13" macbook pros as they are still C2D. If you are spending over a grand you better get at least Core i5.

Although they do have very good battery life. Overall I am unimpressed. I think Apple is slipping probably because they are in so many markets.
Well most of the people with 13" is just because they didn't want to have the 'white' macbook and wanted a 'aluminum' one (yay for apple sales guys) and will do the usual "internet" routine on their computer... browsing, mail, youtube, etc and won't never need that much power.

The dual core is -plenty- for normal use with OSX.

And no they are not in so many markets... for their mac* series, they are still targetting the same old people I stated a few post above.
Old April 13, 2010, 06:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neolithium_Wpg View Post
I find myself strangely attracted to the 15" MBP....
The wife finally found the gun and asks for your credit card already or all the arguments we all had about apple's computer in the steam channel finally paid off and you are going to the good side

(rip credit card or your left lung if it's the first choice )
Old April 13, 2010, 06:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

I relieved her of financial responsibility after she came home with an HDTV and a Dell notebook
A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old April 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

LOL
Old April 15, 2010, 10:16 PM
Top Prospect

the thing that amazed me was the starting price point of the 15". $1850!!! that is just crazy. even more overpriced now. I know battery life is great, but lets see some performance!!!

another thing that irked me is the macbook pro nvidia 330 graphics are more powerful than what you get in a $2900 Mac pro....