Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2010, 06:25 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default Does anybody really read this section...?

Well, if anybody makes it to this section, here are my confessions :

1. I just purchased an Iphone 3GS this past weekend, and so far, it's brilliant. I am truly amazed by the OS, the apps and the reception quality (with Bell as a carrier).

I must admit though that this is my first smart phone, so maybe if I had previous experiences with such devices I wouldn't be as flabbergasted!

I decided to pick it up since my mobile contract was expiring and hated using my LG Chocolat. Having a corporate account, I also have a killer monthly plan with bonus features!

2. I purchased Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) directly from Apple.

I learned that my PC's hardware is perfectly compatible with the OS, if I install with Empire EFI (I actually stumbled by mistake on a log of a guy who has it running great over at Anandtech).

I can't wait to get it and set it up. The system will be dual-boot (Vista & OS X).

These are interesting times indeed !

Old February 8, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh no we lost another 1 to the dark-side ha ha . glad your happy with it
Old February 8, 2010, 06:54 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

My main rig runs dual boot with Win 7 and OS X + Empire EFI. Works quite well actually and I avoided spending the premium for Apple-branded "it just works" hardware.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:19 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
. Works quite well actually and I avoided spending the premium for Apple-branded "it just works" hardware.
this kind of clandestinity is not to remind me when we was buying clone part of Apple II

I just install the wireless connection of an Ipod the other day for the kid of my friend , dam I want some I product too they are very cool.

@less young : those grey market pieces was sold at the first and small Dumoulin store, I think it was on St-Denis. Ya pirated part was the first PC Dumoulin was selling . funny no
Old February 8, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

Good thing about the iPhone. Its not too bad, though I like my Pre for multitasking.

As for OSX, its a decent OS. I don't think its fantastic, or magical, but it does the job and I really don't worry much about malware or viruses, not that they're a problem for me on Windows anyway. Welcome.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old February 8, 2010, 07:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
My main rig runs dual boot with Win 7 and OS X + Empire EFI. Works quite well actually and I avoided spending the premium for Apple-branded "it just works" hardware.
Tell me about it: buying a quad-core with 4gb of ram costs a pretty penny in the Land of Apple...

I'll settle for installing OS X on my PC, put an Apple sticker on my sexy black Azza case and call it a day

Old February 8, 2010, 12:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm a recent half-Mac convert. Rebuilt my main rig into a Hackintosh runnin SL10.6.2 and it's almost vanilla -- only things driving me up the wall are : Can't change mouse sensitivity if you disable acceleration, lack of keyboard controls for Window management (equivalent of Windows ALT+SPACE, M, arrow keys, mouse), and no Win7 Aero snap.

Making everything work is a lot of fun and there is a goldmine of information at InsanelyMac.
Old February 8, 2010, 12:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoob View Post
I'm a recent half-Mac convert. Rebuilt my main rig into a Hackintosh runnin SL10.6.2 and it's almost vanilla -- only things driving me up the wall are : Can't change mouse sensitivity if you disable acceleration, lack of keyboard controls for Window management (equivalent of Windows ALT+SPACE, M, arrow keys, mouse), and no Win7 Aero snap.

Making everything work is a lot of fun and there is a goldmine of information at InsanelyMac.
I don't follow - are you running Windows inside of Mac OSX using Bootcamp?

Old February 8, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice. Empire EFI certainly seems the way to go. I love tinkering... makes me want to see what hardware I have that is hackintosh compatible....
Old February 8, 2010, 02:59 PM
Banned

No we do not read this section and therefore this thread does not exist.

LOL!!!!