Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2010, 07:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
People are entitled to their own opinions ... you have made it abundantly clear many, many times that you prefer only windows.
No actually...

I prefer AmigaOS, for a great many reasons. However, AmigaOS doesn't have memory protection, so one bad app can take down the whole OS. Not very ideal. It does have some great things I miss too, like holding down shift while hitting backspace will erase everything you typed in that cmd line. Shift and one of the arrow keys will take you all the way in that direction, etc. There are more too...

For me, Windows is probably the best I can get for what I want overall. It's missing some features I wish it had, has some "features" I absolutely hate (like blocking windows, or windows that can't be resized. Stupid!) Overall it's got the best selection of games, apps, etc that I want to use, and also it's hard to beat the price for PC hardware over Mac or Amiga.

So I'm stuck with what I've got.

Furthermore, I was making a comment about linux, not MacOS. I used the example of Win7, but for the iPad I would rather have the OS that is on it over linux. I really don't see how linux would make it better, unless it was a complete distro done for just the iPhone and iPad. Is there one?

Is it iLinux?
Old February 7, 2010, 08:30 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Furthermore, I was making a comment about linux, not MacOS. I used the example of Win7, but for the iPad I would rather have the OS that is on it over linux. I really don't see how linux would make it better, unless it was a complete distro done for just the iPhone and iPad. Is there one?

Is it iLinux?
I quite understand it the first time that you was meaning that you will rater put Windows than Linux

because of this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
.if you put linux Ubuntu Remix on it you should have a pretty good laptop..
Kendall, I think that Apple make pretty DAM good laptop, I don't thing this pad was design for that purpose.
Old February 8, 2010, 04:38 AM
Banned

This video says it all. You will learn from this because he is 100% CORRECT.

YouTube - iPad? ... iRant
Old February 8, 2010, 06:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

not one good point in that vid he's just point out why he likes it . still does not make it a good product Death to apple. the computer company oh wait i mean the ipod company oh sorry this week there going to be the ipad company helps keep your stock holders at bay ha ha.
Old February 8, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't mind the video.

Ultimately I am interested in the future of the iPad. It seems to be a "solution" looking for a "problem". I really wonder if it is going to take off or not...
Old February 8, 2010, 12:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

iPad Price Drops already?... I think that says a lot about Apple's confidence in the product after its unveiling and reception (Read: It's pointless).

iPad Price Drops? - Gear News at IGN

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 8, 2010, 02:58 PM
Banned

Lower prices would be awesome! I want a 64GB 3G Version for my trips.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Here is something else interesting.

Evidence Seen For iPad Camera -- Apple iPad -- InformationWeek

Would make a GREAT Skype Video Phone.
Old February 12, 2010, 07:44 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
Here is something else interesting.

Evidence Seen For iPad Camera -- Apple iPad -- InformationWeek

Would make a GREAT Skype Video Phone.
that was really the only thing missing from the iPad.. I definitely won't be getting one but seriously.. releasing something like that without a camera would be a pretty dumb move.
Old February 13, 2010, 11:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I quite understand it the first time that you was meaning that you will rater put Windows than Linux

because of this :

Kendall, I think that Apple make pretty DAM good laptop, I don't thing this pad was design for that purpose.
no.. it wasn't but neither was the ipod.. people put linux on their ipods all the time... putting linux or windows since we all seem to hate everything except that here.. on the ipad would make a pretty cool touch screen laptop where you can do other things besides web browse and look at picture... you could type on it and save your work.. use wire shark? other things you can only do on a laptop... it would also then have a CLI with linux or windows
Closed Thread