Go Back   Hardware Canucks > Mac, iPhone & iPod > Mac

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7, 2010, 06:46 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Knowing Apple that won't be very easy, but knowing how much demand there is for jailbreaking etc. it may happen.
its not too hard but for people like us.. come on.. we can do it no problem.. and then it will be a laptop.. that would be awesome.. a linux laptop with multi touch sensor technology.. and all the sensors in a mac/ipod... wicked awesome
Old February 7, 2010, 06:47 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
I'm planning on purchasing the Ipad. Not at first maybe 2nd generation when they make a 128GB or 256GB version. I know the Ipad has it's limitations but you have to see it for what it is. It's not a netbook, or even a small laptop, it is as mentioned previously just a big Itouch. But I love my Itouch and all the neat things it can do, the downside for me is the screen size, the Ipad solves this problem. I travel alot and I've always had a need for something easily portable that can play movies, music and websurf. If the 10 hour battery life is anywhere close to realistic in the real world the Ipad will definately be my next purchase.
This is an intelligent guy . he look at what he need , what he like, what is use for, compare to what he have experienced before and after he judge if the product fit is need
Old February 7, 2010, 07:51 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the kind words MarkOne. If there is a downside to the Ipad/Itouch, it would be it's inability to play flash content. I'm not sure what the issue is, something about licensing I'm sure but it would be great if Apple would get onboard and solve the flash problem.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old February 7, 2010, 09:06 AM
Allstar

From my understanding flash will never make it to the iPad etc. Apple is going to stick with HTML5 for any streaming video etc.

'
Apple’s well aware of these problems, which is why the company wrote a clause in its iPhone developers’ Terms of Service agreement (.pdf) that prohibits Flash from appearing on the iPhone:
“An Application may not itself install or launch other executable code by any means, including without limitation through the use of a plug-in architecture, calling other frameworks, other APIs or otherwise,” reads clause 3.3.2 of the iPhone SDK agreement, which was recently published on WikiLeaks. “No interpreted code may be downloaded and used in an Application except for code that is interpreted and run by Apple’s Published APIs and built-in interpreter(s).”

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old February 7, 2010, 09:14 AM
Allstar

I was planing to get an iPhone but my company just confirmed on Friday that they can not send my emails to a iPhone because it supports only POP ...

I was hoping NOT to have to get a blackberry with a postage stamp sized screen

RE iPad If there is a way to access a windows XP pc where I store all my music, movies etc then it's worth it.
Old February 7, 2010, 09:19 AM
Banned
F@H

Are you telling me that Apple is fitting with Adobe.. they will no Adobe without Apple , and probably no Apple anymore without Adobe. Apple gain more interest those day, but it was a time they survive because of the printing industry and the Adobe software..

at least from my understand, I'm far to be an Apple historian
Old February 7, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
its not too hard but for people like us.. come on.. we can do it no problem.. and then it will be a laptop.. that would be awesome.. a linux laptop with multi touch sensor technology.. and all the sensors in a mac/ipod... wicked awesome
How can a device like this suddenly become a laptop just by switching OS? What is your fascination with Linux? Regardless of what the OS is it is still very much limited by the hardware.

Honestly, I'd rather they break into it and install Windows 7, it would make more sense than Linux for me.
Old February 7, 2010, 12:37 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
How can a device like this suddenly become a laptop just by switching OS? What is your fascination with Linux? Regardless of what the OS is it is still very much limited by the hardware.

Honestly, I'd rather they break into it and install Windows 7, it would make more sense than Linux for me.
People are entitled to their own opinions ... you have made it abundantly clear many, many times that you prefer only windows.
Old February 7, 2010, 12:43 PM
Associate Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamawho View Post
I was hoping NOT to have to get a blackberry with a postage stamp sized screen
So get a Storm2 9550.
Old February 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
Banned
F@H

This is a pure Apple product, it have to stay Apple. We have plenty of other option to use if we want Linux or Windows.

We are in the Imac, IPhone & Ipod section we can add Ipad. lot of Isomething products no ?
Don't you think that all those I in the Isomething have to do with the popularity of the products, Ithink so
Apple just have the way to make Icool products.
Closed Thread